• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open carry long gun in Georgia

Let's all open carry our suppressed SBR AKs and ARs, that's sure to get attention, cause not only is it an evil "assault rifle" they also have the illegal no one can get silencers that only assassins have! ..... -_-

Just curious how you think if we all OC'd our AR's somewhere, how would it help our cause? Or what would it effect in a positive manner?

I'm not being judgmental, or antagonizing or anything of the sort. I'm just honestly curious on your take.
well first off it would help take away the statist mindset. It would deplete the idea that the government ishere for your protection.

My opinion : probably be better to OC a less-scary handgun than what some will describe as an "assault weapon".
its about principle. Im gonna carry what is comfortable. But if i want to put a ps90 in my shopping cart at wal mart I should not have pull out a card that says I can or cant that I had to pay a tax for.

The point here is youre catering to someone's irrational behavior by making them "comfortable"

show them the bill of rights and then the door.

all goes back to those that have a statist mindset.

2a didnt mention government involvement for a reason. If you wanted a cannon or a musket... you didnt need a gwp. Only shillings

its about principle. Im gonna carry what is comfortable. But if i want to put a ps90 in my shopping cart at wal mart I should not have pull out a card that says I can or cant that I had to pay a tax for.

The point here is youre catering to someone's irrational behavior by making them "comfortable"

show them the bill of rights and then the door.

all goes back to those that have a statist mindset.

2a didnt mention government involvement for a reason. If you wanted a cannon or a musket... you didnt need a gwp. Only shillings
I was referring more to open carrying a handgun just so citizens see & understand that people with a GWCL are statistically more safe than people who carry illegally.
I don't OC and don't care if others do, as long as they are doing it responsibly.
I am not concerned with making others feel more (or less) comfortable, I do think some people have open carried for the shock value.
Some anti-2nd people have open carried to create a scene.

The way our founders saw the constitution and the bill of rights was as a list of things the Federal government couldn't do to citizens of the states. To them it said nothing about what the State governments could or couldn't do to Citizen's of each Sovereign state. An argument can be made and was for years that states can limit or regulate guns however they like. The "shall issue" decree of the scotus is a fairly recent thing and actually a Federal imposition on the states. In reality it's more big government. So this thing can go either way fairly easily. We may not like it but this is political. So many people don't understand guns. If you want to protect your 2a rights in the form you currently enjoy them a more productive way would be to take your coworker to the range, teach a kid to shoot or take them hunting. Something that will help them understand rather than shock them.

The way our founders saw the constitution and the bill of rights was as a list of things the Federal government couldn't do to citizens of the states. To them it said nothing about what the State governments could or couldn't do to Citizen's of each Sovereign state. An argument can be made and was for years that states can limit or regulate guns however they like. The "shall issue" decree of the scotus is a fairly recent thing and actually a Federal imposition on the states. In reality it's more big government. So this thing can go either way fairly easily. We may not like it but this is political. So many people don't understand guns. If you want to protect your 2a rights in the form you currently enjoy them a more productive way would be to take your coworker to the range, teach a kid to shoot or take them hunting. Something that will help them understand rather than shock them.
perfect example of a statist mindset.

I was referring more to open carrying a handgun just so citizens see & understand that people with a GWCL are statistically more safe than people who carry illegally.
I don't OC and don't care if others do, as long as they are doing it responsibly.
I am not concerned with making others feel more (or less) comfortable, I do think some people have open carried for the shock value.
Some anti-2nd people have open carried to create a scene.
statistically, that isnt something you can gauge. Simply because of the sheer number of people that would rather not pay a tax that you could never really factor in a quick polling.
The numbers are bias. It is a one way street to create statistics to cater to those who want to make the trump haters feel good.

If the gwp tax actually were used to benefit gun owners I would be more for it. Its nothing but a tax created to make you think you need something that you really dont. Its there only to please statists and their people

Who are you going to scare that isn't already scared? It's not like there are a whole lot of undecideds out there

You want to open carry, have at it. Might help to have someone to cover your six and it might help to avoid areas where the cops are a little testy since folks have started to shoot at them....

Who are you going to scare that isn't already scared? It's not like there are a whole lot of undecideds out there

You want to open carry, have at it. Might help to have someone to cover your six and it might help to avoid areas where the cops are a little testy since folks have started to shoot at them....
exactly

Gonna point it out-- people didnt just start shooting at cops. That has been going on long before mine and your time

statistically, that isnt something you can gauge. Simply because of the sheer number of people that would rather not pay a tax that you could never really factor in a quick polling.
The numbers are bias. It is a one way street to create statistics to cater to those who want to make the trump haters feel good.

If the gwp tax actually were used to benefit gun owners I would be more for it. Its nothing but a tax created to make you think you need something that you really dont. Its there only to please statists and their people
I don't like having to pay to exercise a right, but it's the law and I'd like to keep the few guns that I have.
Someone chooses to push a shopping cart filled with guns around Wal-Mart: okay.
Someone chooses to carry a handgun without a GWCL: okay.
I live in Clayton County; if I choose to open carry an AR at the Kroger on Tara Blvd just to prove a point it's not going to change anyone's opinion of the 2nd Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom