• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open carry long gun in Georgia

Interesting question. I had never noticed that discrepancy before. Of course it's not always a good idea to do this but legally speaking it does say a long gun is over 18" barrel.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/Default.asp

It's a gap in the Georgia law to which there is no simple answer. (Other than being an example of people drafting laws about stuff they don't know about.

Actually the question is not can you open carry a long gun with a "16 barrel, but do you carry if as a handgun or a long gun?

It's a drafting error, there is no pat answer, and if it's one of those things you just have to know about, I say go for it.

Disagree.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This didn't mean you were just a pro 2nd'r in the 18th century if you walked around open carry with dual flintlocks in your belt and a musket across your shoulder. Just meant you were a jerk that liked to make people nervous. Same as it does now with an AR standing on the corner waiting for people to see you.

Difference is then someone might pull your card. Today it's just negative attention that doesn't further our cause.
i dont consider it negative. The fact that you do means the problem lies within. if it truly bothers you, help design another tax system to make you feel comfortable. Your entire comment goes back to that castration I mentioned earlier.

Welcome to the pussification of America.

It may come as a surprise but football idiots and soccer moms scare easy.
And they vote.
so do my kind of people .

Except we vote for more than a president. We show up for the state and county votes as well

i dont consider it negative. The fact that you do means the problem lies within. if it truly bothers you, help design another tax system to make you feel comfortable. Your entire comment goes back to that castration I mentioned that I mentioned earlier.

Except we vote for more than a president. We show up for the state and county votes as well

You sir, with the avatar face covered with flies and a person n looking like many that killed Americans in Southeast Asia are now awarded the honor of the first to be on my Ignore list.
Đi giao hợp eo gato của bạn tự bạn

i dont consider it negative. The fact that you do means the problem lies within. if it truly bothers you, help design another tax system to make you feel comfortable. Your entire comment goes back to that castration I mentioned that I mentioned earlier.

Yet We are losing.

Welcome to the pussification

Tax system? Not seeing the connection to open carry, but OK.

I hope you take your non-casturared self and your AR and walk down the connector around 5 pm this evening and let us know how it went tomorrow.

CTY-arms23p-stasa.jpg

Haters gonna hate.
Operators gonna operate.

Back
Top Bottom