• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

pocket 9mm, you choose!!

Which pocket sized 9mm would you choose.

• Ruger LC9

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • S&W shield

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Kel-Tec PF9

• Kimber Solo

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Kahr CM9

• Beretta Nano

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Taurus PT709Slim

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Sig P938

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Other..

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must do a review of this!!!!

Absolutely! It should be here any day this week. I'd like to find someone nearby with a range and a chronograph so we can measure some velocities out of it. I'm interested to see if the cylinder gap makes a big difference compared to a normal barrel.

I also plan on bringing it to the next meet up if I can make it.

I picked a CM9 as it has a nice trigger, decent sights, is really small and under 4 bills. I don't worry about shooting my johnson off since it's a double action/semi pistol. I can't do cocked and locked in the pants pocket.

thats what I'm looking for I think. thanks for the response.
Shield all the way

Why? Shot or carried others?
Bersa Thunder .9mm . Hi cap & a sweet trigger

Had a Bersa Thunder .380. It was nice and a good shooter, but not as slim as I felt it should have been and pretty heavy given its size.

I have had the shield, the cm9 and the pf9. The shield is not a pocket pistol. I think it may fit in a pocket but it would suck to try to draw it quickly. I liked the pf9 except my hand would hit the mag drop under recoil and that bothered me. I liked the cm9 except the base of the mag seemed to come loose and dump the rounds in my pocket. All three of the guns actually four (I have owned a pf9 twice) have run 100% and I shot all of them well. I wouldnt say shooting them was comfortable but a gun that small shouldnt be

DB9 and P11

Forgot all about the DB9.
Ruger LC9 with or without the laser.

Never been a laser fan, but like the LC9. Never shot one but I like the LCP well enough, the LC9 fits my hand better.
I have had the shield, the cm9 and the pf9. The shield is not a pocket pistol. I think it may fit in a pocket but it would suck to try to draw it quickly. I liked the pf9 except my hand would hit the mag drop under recoil and that bothered me. I liked the cm9 except the base of the mag seemed to come loose and dump the rounds in my pocket. All three of the guns actually four (I have owned a pf9 twice) have run 100% and I shot all of them well. I wouldnt say shooting them was comfortable but a gun that small shouldnt be

Excellent feedback, thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the LC9, PF9, or CM9 myslelf. Got to do some more reading to narrow it down.

I picked a CM9 as it has a nice trigger, decent sights, is really small and under 4 bills. I don't worry about shooting my johnson off since it's a double action/semi pistol. I can't do cocked and locked in the pants pocket.

My EDC is also the CM9. It's a fantastic weapon, light, thin, and accurate. Add some Talon rubber grips and its perfect!

Just to point out about the PF9, the one my wife had wouldnt make it through a mag without some malfunction. It was the ejector the always gave her the fritzs and we never got it "right" She said she will never carry a Kel-tec again. I'd def choose atleast the cm9 over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom