• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Posting a gun for sale/BOS

No it was a question about who is requring BOS.Which will on some occasions stop the transaction pronto.Some folks just Do Not like it.

Just to clarify, as I am confused. I didn't realize that you were asking people IF they did since you said "will you please specify if you are asking for a BOS in your post?" To me that reads as though you are asking them TO.

My mistake.

my only worry in buying a gun from an individual, is that he may have bought it from a "shady" person, not knowing it was stolen, and then sell it to me. Even thought I bought it from a good friend that I know and trust, it still could be stolen. Just like,,,,, we don't think we could ever get one of those "dreaded" diseases, if we stay true to our wives,,,, but IF she slept with the postman,,, and I know,, the wife would never, never do anything like that. Even though wives, and husbands all over the world are messing around, ours would NEVER, right? Wallacem

It's really simple: IF YOU ARE SELLING A WEAPON ON THIS SITE AND ARE GOING TO REQUIRE A BOS PLEASE NOTE IT IN YOUR POST.

Some people don't do a BOS because it goes beyond what the law requires and we are not comfortable giving you our personal information to keep forever so you can sleep at night.

PLEASE DON'T WASTE PEOPLES TIME BY NOT TELLING THEM UP FRONT THAT YOU REQUIRE A BOS. Waiting until you are at the meet and springing a BOS on somebody is rude and I believe disingenuous. Most people don't notify you of this because they don't want to lose the sale and figure if they put you on the spot you're gonna sign it so the trip and time won't have been wasted.

I'll say this again: If you are so worried about buying a stolen gun in a private sale, why not keep your buying/selling/trading to FFL shops only?

my only worry in buying a gun from an individual, is that he may have bought it from a "shady" person, not knowing it was stolen, and then sell it to me. Even thought I bought it from a good friend that I know and trust, it still could be stolen. Just like,,,,, we don't think we could ever get one of those "dreaded" diseases, if we stay true to our wives,,,, but IF she slept with the postman,,, and I know,, the wife would never, never do anything like that. Even though wives, and husbands all over the world are messing around, ours would NEVER, right? Wallacem
Stolen guns and infidelity...2 hot topics...hey why don't you OP a post about infidelity?

Last edited:
BOS.Of the ones I have signed,it was a signature only.1 person has asked to see ID and it was a Ga Firearms permit he saw.Never my drivers license.I don't give out permit ,SS,or license #'s.So that being said I will not do a deal that requires that info.I simply wanted those who ask for it to put in the FS/FT ad.

If you buy a gun registered to me and there is no bill of sale and then it is used in a crime, Im screwed, and now have to jump through hoops to try and explain that i didn't do it, " i swear i sold it to another guy " "yeah right". There is nothing wrong with a BOS. How about if you want to buy a gun from someone, then ask them if they require a bill of sale. I should not have to post that in my add. Every gun i have ever sold has had a BOS on it, just to cover my A$$,

In this day and age of indentity theft among other things allot of people don't like their personal info floating around in Joe Shmoe's possession. It is THEIR information that you're taking away and I'd think on THIS site as tight knit as it seems to be a feedback score would do most of the confirmation.
On ARMSLIST, craigslist, etc a BOS makes sense, in here with honest people that everyone deals with, no.

I guess that if you were in the bank making a deposit, and just so happens a fellow walks in and holds up the bank with a weapon that you previously owned (that you purchased from a FFL) and the perp. gets away but leaves the weapon, that was previously owned by you, and the teller is the girlfriend of the robber. Yes you're screwed.

Same place same time, with an eye witness that saw you but not your accomplice.

If a store down in South GA gets robbed with a firearm that you previously owned, whilst you were at work in ATL, I believe that6 Barney Fife could figure out that you were not connected with the crime. The popo would appreciate any info. that you could give them as to the buyer, but it's not a crime not to have any helpful info.

A coincident is usually just one something that's bizarre, but what are the chances of a combination of three or four?
Really?

All you paranoid folks had better give those weapons a good wipe down before you trade.
Who knows, the buyer might just go shoot a random person and leave the weapon with your prints all over it.
BOS or not yo azz is goin down town.

If you buy a gun registered to me and there is no bill of sale and then it is used in a crime, Im screwed, and now have to jump through hoops to try and explain that i didn't do it, " i swear i sold it to another guy " "yeah right". There is nothing wrong with a BOS. How about if you want to buy a gun from someone, then ask them if they require a bill of sale. I should not have to post that in my add. Every gun i have ever sold has had a BOS on it, just to cover my A$$,

preach on brother
It's really simple: IF YOU ARE SELLING A WEAPON ON THIS SITE AND ARE GOING TO REQUIRE A BOS PLEASE NOTE IT IN YOUR POST.

Some people don't do a BOS because it goes beyond what the law requires and we are not comfortable giving you our personal information to keep forever so you can sleep at night.

PLEASE DON'T WASTE PEOPLES TIME BY NOT TELLING THEM UP FRONT THAT YOU REQUIRE A BOS. Waiting until you are at the meet and springing a BOS on somebody is rude and I believe disingenuous. Most people don't notify you of this because they don't want to lose the sale and figure if they put you on the spot you're gonna sign it so the trip and time won't have been wasted.

I'll say this again: If you are so worried about buying a stolen gun in a private sale, why not keep your buying/selling/trading to FFL shops only?

I guess that if you were in the bank making a deposit, and just so happens a fellow walks in and holds up the bank with a weapon that you previously owned (that you purchased from a FFL) and the perp. gets away but leaves the weapon, that was previously owned by you, and the teller is the girlfriend of the robber. Yes you're screwed.

banks have video I believe.

Back
Top Bottom