• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA done gone and done it... PSAK-47 GEN3 w/forged trunnion, bolt, and bolt carrier

Commblock stamped AKM are built to last 50K rounds. If a $600 WASR can go the distance and last 50K and 5K in Rob's tests, why is it unreasonable to expect the same from a $600 PSA or $600 tRASh-47 or VISKA? VISKA was spittting rivets

Rob will be testing the PSA AK, and I think it will pass. They have been very open about building it.

What awful condition is he testing it in? He shoots on the farm, and any well made AK can go 5K without cleaning (and Rob cleans his test guns, btw).
I cut my AK teeth on my dad's Soviet Army issue RPK74 and AK74 and yes, there were days when they would shoot many rounds without cleaning: several rifles issued out of the battalion armory for practice and all soldiers would take turns shooting them. Never saw any jams.

I guess I am just combining Rob with other torture tests I have seen from MAC and others, where they are filling the guns with mud and pebbles and stuff and seeing if it will fail.

I don't know if I have ever owned a gun that I put 5k rounds through, ever. At most, maybe 1k-2k was all it ever saw, if that.

It seems like PSA tried building a gun that the market demanded, to a price point, with mixed results... but if they are in fact listening to what people complained about, and addressing the weaknesses with properly forged and hardened parts, it should make a decent rifle, I would think. And if not, I will drive the 2 hours to their Greenville store and demand that they fix it. haha

So we have an AK Snobski in the mix now.:becky:
Hells yes. If I own an AK i want it to be reliable like an Ak. If i didn’t care about it working longer than 200.00 worth the ammo I’d just put a 7.62 upper on an AR and Lego swap pieces as they failed. Failure rate is about the same so why deal with the hassle of AK platform when you gain nothing but a more difficult repair?

As far as AKMs go, looking like one isn’t good enough for me, it must perform like one.

As far as AKMs go, looking like one isn’t good enough for me, it must perform like one.
giphy.gif

In the AK market the $600 to $700 Wasr is comparable with other AKs. Yes I do miss the days of the $300 to $500 Wasr but those days are gone.

Yeah, I agree. You also forget the part that no one took the WASR seriously and it was referred to as "the bottom of the barrel of AKs" hence the price. After years of people buying and not having serious problems, people realized it was legit and a good buy.

In the AK market the $600 to $700 Wasr is comparable with other AKs. Yes I do miss the days of the $300 to $500 Wasr but those days are gone.
My first AK in US was a $600 Vepr, SAR-1 was going for $300, neutered Saigas just started coming in for $150, IIRC.
How have the times changed!

Back
Top Bottom