• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reply from Saxby Chambliss regarding all this gun ban talk.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I strongly suggest you guys email your reps and let them know we give a crap.

I voiced my disgust for Boehner and the establishment hacks in both parties and asked him to fight tooth an nail for our gun rights in light of all the gun ban talk and knee jerking.

This was his reply:

Dear Mr......(ME).

Thank you for contacting me regarding the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban. Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated .

As a parent and grandparent, there are no words to describe my grief at the senseless loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary School. My deepest sympathy goes out to the Newtown, Connecticut community, and all of the victims, families, and loves ones of this horrible tragedy . I join the rest of the nation in offering my prayers to all of those impacted.

In response to this and other tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on this expired legal provision. I believe that Congress will have an extensive and detailed debate about all of the potential causes of these tragic crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms. Your comments are important, and I will remember them as the debate moves forward.

On September of 1994, Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act" (P.L. 103-322). This legislation prohibited the sale of certain semi-automatic weapons, often referred to as the assault weapons. On September 13, 2004 the ban expired.

I have always been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon. We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not infringed upon. I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

Here's mine, just got it

Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

I have always been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon. We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not unfairly impeded. I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

In response to recent tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on government regulation of guns. It is likely that Congress will soon have an extensive and detailed conversation about all of the potential causes of these crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.

I know that dialogue regarding acts of violence will likely result in a wide range of legislative proposals seeking to address the underlying causes. As these pieces of legislation come before me in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Good move....writing him is on my to do list today...but is it just me or does his response seem rather luke-warm? Like "yeah, I hear ya but if they decide to screw you all over, I may or may not do a whole lot to stop it..."

The thing that annoys me about him, Issakson and Gingrey is that you never hear anything out of them on the news unless they're up for re-election...you never see them on there calling Boehner, or Pelosi or the president out...they just seem to sit by and hang on to their office. I believe if a decent conservative and/or republican were to run against any of them, I'd have to vote against them...we don't need career politicians anymore. These people go up there and dig in for 30-40 years and end up serving themselves and only come to us when they need a vote. We get form letters...

I hope they put new tires on.

Senator Saxby is about to bus roll a lot of us. After reading his letter, and hearing his comments... He's got to go.

Back
Top Bottom