• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reply from Saxby Chambliss regarding all this gun ban talk.

When someone offers, sportsman, hunters , enthusiasts and "personal" safety as the driving principles behind the 2nd amendment, they are lost. The intent of the 2nd amendment had nothing to do with any of that. It has everything to do with giving free citizens the right to protect freedom in the this country. There's a big difference in what the founders were talking about and what Saxby is saying.

When someone offers, sportsman, hunters , enthusiasts and "personal" safety as the driving principles behind the 2nd amendment, they are lost. The intent of the 2nd amendment had nothing to do with any of that. It has everything to do with giving free citizens the right to protect freedom in the this country. There's a big difference in what the founders were talking about and what Saxby is saying.

Agreed! Now we all need to respond to his form letter replies and remind him.... a second wave!

mdog....read your posts on the more lengthy thread about all this and track right there with you. LOL? Did I miss the mark here somehow? You confused me a bit.

OOOPS ... I'm an idiot...you were talking about the "good gun that kilt the bear that kilt me."

Last edited:
mdog....read your posts on the more lengthy thread about all this and track right there with you. LOL? Did I miss the mark here somehow? You confused me a bit.

OOOPS ... I'm an idiot...you were talking about the "good gun that kilt the bear that kilt me."

LOL! Not exactly a Redford fan but that's one of my favorite movies. Sorry for blind siding you but for some reason the user name FINALLY clicked when the avatar came into focus (slow ain't I?) and it started me laughing so I HAD to post that.

And my very favorite line is "Skin that'un pilgrim and I'll bring ya another one!"

You got that right!

Back
Top Bottom