Response Letter From GA Senator Chambliss

He failed to mention the right to defend yourself against a corrupt government.
He's telling you almost what you want to hear.

Hell I can kill a squirrel with a sling shot. Then again the squirrel isn't armed.

Viva La Revolution
Snake Dr

I don't understand what is wrong with the generic letter. It expresses his stance on gun control. He could not possibly respond personally to every corespondence he recieves. We must understand that he, and gun owners, will have to make some concesions. It would be naive to think that there will be no changes in gun laws. I am sure that background checks will be high on the list. Magazine capacity will be reduced to 10 rounds. Internet sales will have to be through a FFL dealer, which I support. This I believe will be the minimum that the majority of the public will accept. Like it or not, there will be changes in gun laws; however, they will NEVER be able to take guns away from the majority.

I don't understand what is wrong with the generic letter. It expresses his stance on gun control. He could not possibly respond personally to every corespondence he recieves. We must understand that he, and gun owners, will have to make some concesions. It would be naive to think that there will be no changes in gun laws. I am sure that background checks will be high on the list. Magazine capacity will be reduced to 10 rounds. Internet sales will have to be through a FFL dealer, which I support. This I believe will be the minimum that the majority of the public will accept. Like it or not, there will be changes in gun laws; however, they will NEVER be able to take guns away from the majority.

Internet sales already have to go through a FFL dont they?

Internet sales already have to go through a FFL dont they?

Not from a individual to individual sale. This web site is proof enough. If you post a weapon here, and any mention of FFL transfer, it will not sell even if it is a top of the line gun being sold for $2.00. Not to mention all the negative remarks. Gun dealers fill out the paperwork for the background check. When aproved the dealer transfers the weapon to you. The dealer logs all the info of the sell of the weapon which including the serial number. Dealers must be able to prove the where-abouts of all weapon sold, transfered, or in inventory. This is NOT a registation of the weapon. Georgia does not require firearm registation. This is the procedure as I understand it (which I did today 01/18/13). However, this information can be used to track the firearm to the orignal owner. I myself prefer the sale of my gun be logged by a FFL dealer. A driver license or a CWP does in no way prove transfer of the firearm. If I go through a FFL dealer and the sale is logged, I could care less as to what the buyer does with the gun. My hands are clean. Now, I am not saying that everyone on this site has a illegal underground weapon business. However, this is being done. Sells of weapons bought on the internet to felons, gangbangers, the underaged and dug dealers happen every day. I believe that undocumented internet sells will give the gun hater more fuel for the fire. JMTCW

Last edited:
I got a little different response today:

Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

I have always been and remain a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. While I am certain that the president's proposal is well-intentioned, it is Congress' responsibility to make sure that Americans' constitutional rights are protected. We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not unfairly impeded. I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

In response to recent tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on government regulation of guns. It is likely that Congress will soon have an extensive and detailed conversation about all of the potential causes of these crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.

I know that dialogue regarding acts of violence will likely result in a wide range of legislative proposals seeking to address the underlying causes. As these pieces of legislation come before me in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future. In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov.

I've called Chambliss' office twice in the last month to tell him to vote "No!" on ANY new gun control measures. His staff said he supported the 2nd Amendent and rated a A+ from the NRA. I think he will do whats right. Keep up the pressure on ALL Senators and Congressmen regardless of their voting history concerning gun control issues. Let them all know the American public is watching their stance on these positions.

I've sold several that went to FFLs, due to the sales being out of state. We had no problems.

I'm approved when I present my GWL.

What happened when the Sandy Hook killer couldn't buy a weapon?
Shot his mom in the head and took hers.

Do you think the removal of those rose colored glasses would help you?
Maybe you should move to New York, I think you'll fit in better.

Not from a individual to individual sale. This web site is proof enough. If you post a weapon here, any mention of FFL transfer, it will not sell even if it is a top of the line gun being sold for $2.00. Not to mention all the negative remarks. Gun dealers fill out the paperwork for the background check. When aproved the dealer sells you the gun. The dealer logs all the info of the sell of the weapon which including the serial number. Dealers must be able to prove the where-abouts of all weapon sold or in inventory. This is NOT a registation of the weapon. Georgia does not require firearm registation. This is the procedure as I understand it. However, this information can be used to track the firearm to the orignal owner. I myself prefer the sale of my gun be logged by a FFL dealer. A driver license or a CWP does in no way prove the use of the firearm. If I go through a FFL dealer and the sale is logged, I could care less as to what the buyer does with the gun. My hands are clean. Now, I am not saying that everyone on this site has a illegal underground weapon business. However, this is being done. Sells of weapons bought on the internet to felons, gangbangers, the underaged and dug dealers happen every day. I believe that undocumented internet sells will give the gun hater more fuel for the fire. JMTCW

Back
Top Bottom