• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting Dogs.....

I learned along time ago never to be afraid of any animal. It's when they sense your fear they become dangerous. We humans are at the top of the food chain and most animals know it.
As long as you don't corner them or show fear animals, especially domesticated dogs, pose no threat. Some people however have an irrational fear of dogs.

I learned along time ago never to be afraid of any animal. It's when they sense your fear they become dangerous. We humans are at the top of the food chain and most animals know it.
As long as you don't corner them or show fear animals, especially domesticated dogs, pose no threat. Some people however have an irrational fear of dogs.

Would you like to explain this theory to the guy that jumped into the tiger pen so he could "be one" with the tiger? He damn near was...as he passed through his digestive system.

How well do you know him? Friends?

I guess you could call us friends.

After I was done in the Regular Army and I was too fat/broken for special operations, I joined an MP GANG unit headed by Jason Smith. He was my CO while I was in the lower 9th ward post Katrina.

CPT Smith is a good man who made a bad decision and his downfall was the coverup. Let me be clear: I had no knowledge of his actions, nor have I spoken with him since.

I guess you could call us friends.

After I was done in the Regular Army and I was too fat/broken for special operations, I joined an MP GANG unit headed by Jason Smith. He was my CO while I was in the lower 9th ward post Katrina.

CPT Smith is a good man who made a bad decision and his downfall was the coverup. Let me be clear: I had no knowledge of his actions, nor have I spoken with him since.

The reason I ask is because I don't want to offend.

I can't remember his name, but he was one of the top people. When I met him the unit was still active. All indications were that he was very much on edge, as in ragged edge. I was defending the actions of an LEO in a famous case and thought he would be sympathetic to that persons situation. To my surprise he was not sympathetic at all and was outraged that I was. When I say outraged, I mean it. He was obviously on the edge of control. Even his eyes went bloodshot in about five seconds flat. I had to very diplomatically "talk him down". The guy had obviously been under way too much stress for way too long.

The reason I ask is because I don't want to offend.

I can't remember his name, but he was one of the top people. When I met him the unit was still active. All indications were that he was very much on edge, as in ragged edge. I was defending the actions of an LEO in a famous case and thought he would be sympathetic to that persons situation. To my surprise he was not sympathetic at all and was outraged that I was. When I say outraged, I mean it. He was obviously on the edge of control. Even his eyes went bloodshot in about five seconds flat. I had to very diplomatically "talk him down". The guy had obviously been under way too much stress for way too long.

The Red Dog unit got way too big for its britches.

Back
Top Bottom