• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sitting here thinking , Who has never been called for Jury Duty?

Once for me. Biggest waist of a week of my life. Sit around and wait to see if you get called into a court room to see if you'll be selected for the jury

I've been called many times but I've only been seated on a jury once.
The case was a guy accused by his girlfriends daughter of trying to have sex with her.
We ended up finding him not guilty because the daughter came across as a liar.
After we rendered the verdict, the judge met with all of us in the Jury Room.
She and the Prosecutor told us that the only reason the case came to trial is because the Momma threatened to go to one of the TV News channels with one of those "Problem Solver" reporters and they didn't want the bad press.
I was happy to serve on a jury. But I had a week of lost wages because of this judge and the prosecutor didn't have the backbone to stand up to the mother.

I've been called so many times I forget the number(fulton county)....at least every other year...once, I got called 15 months after the last time...what I didn't know then, is that in Fulton, at that time, they could only call you once every other year...they have since changed that...there is no limit now....at 67...3 more years before I can say "screw you"...2 jury trials....one for 10 days and one for over three weeks...a damn divorce trial, where the plaintiffs had a ton of daddys money....I got picked for another trail, and before it got started, and my cousin died...God bless his soul...the judge let me off...I have many friends in fulton that have never been called....go figure...I actually keep a file for all the summons....no joke...a few times(very few) WHEN YOU CALL THE DAY BEFORE, YOU MAY GET OFF...doesn't happen to me much, BUT a couple times it has

I got called for grand jury for Douglas County in February. I showed up (I just turned 70) and we were all in the room and every time they said something I had to raise my hand and say speak louder, I can't hear you (I'm pretty close to deaf and use hearing aids). They picked the people and sent me home. I'm over the age now and will opt out in the future. Judges hate it when you say "speak up darn it or say it again louder".

Got called for a regular jury twice, dismissed once and sat for the trial on the other (found him guilty of course).
Also sat on a grand jury once, it was a 2 month term in November to December. One of the "duties" we had to do was tour the county jails. Smyrna has the nicest jail I've ever been in. And we had to sit for a typical Thanksgiving dinner at the Cobb County jail 2 days before turkey day to approve the quality of the food.

I use to have so much free time on my hands back in the day, I use to go to court here locally just for the fun of it and watch people get handed down sentences by the judge. It was like judge Judy but in person lol. He would call everyone names they would stand then set back down, guards up front got use to me coming in so much they must of thought I was a trouble maker lol. He said your here again? He say what you do this time? I said I just have waaaaaaay to much free time on my hands hahahaha, he said go get get I said get lol.

I got called once a couple years ago and got released. I wanted to sit out the trial because it seemed like it would have been interesting. Something like an ice cream truck hitting a parked car or something.

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from federal jusy duty. I’m hoping to avoid that one.

Back
Top Bottom