• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sitting here thinking , Who has never been called for Jury Duty?

Called once. Case was plead before they selected from the pool. Found out after it was a murder trail and we likely would have been sequestered for 6+ weeks according to the judge. Was happy to have NOT been on that one.
That was the only time. I'd like to serve.
My wife served on an open and shut armed robbery case. That was "interesting".

My step-Dad had a similar experience in a Felony theft case , he said " Boy that was one dumb guy " as the Video was clear as day but the guy stated or sang (It wasn't me ) .

Got called for a regular jury twice, dismissed once and sat for the trial on the other (found him guilty of course).
Also sat on a grand jury once, it was a 2 month term in November to December. One of the "duties" we had to do was tour the county jails. Smyrna has the nicest jail I've ever been in. And we had to sit for a typical Thanksgiving dinner at the Cobb County jail 2 days before turkey day to approve the quality of the food.

Yea I heard Smyrna was pretty nice but this was years ago , also heard the food was (fast Food) tho I find that hard to believe .

The nicest I been to was Roswell & Nice Officers as well , cir 2008 .

3x. Never seated. Once was during Hemmy Newman trial, at that court house. It was nuts. Wife saw me walking back in with my sandwich for lunch on the news.

Back
Top Bottom