• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sitting here thinking , Who has never been called for Jury Duty?

Seems like I get called once a year. First time I was selected. Last two times dismissed. One of my boys got a raw deal from the da. They didn’t like what I had to say about him. Most cases seem to be about the money. When my kid was found guilty the first thing they asked was how much money did you bring.

have been called several times...only sat on a jury 1x. I was 18y/o...the defendant lied on the stand...a few times. We convicted him of rolling a cop's hand up in his window and dragging said cop about 100 yards down pleasant hill road.

He went to jail for a while.

I got called three times. First two I was dismissed. Third time, I was up in the court room, where the picking was done. A Hispanic man had hit a white couple in their car with his van and I think he was suing them, if my memory is correct. He had an interpreter. His woman attorney asked if we had any questions and I asked why the Hispanic had to have an interpreter if he had been in the USA for 26 years. His attorney struck me.

Been a while back, but got selected for a 6 month stint on Douglas County's Grand Jury. It was an inconvenience for sure, but very interesting variety of cases. We got to take field trip & tour the jail too.

Back
Top Bottom