• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep Apnia/ Snoring recommendations

Make sure you have all of the life insurance you are ever going to need before you have the study. It’s very expensive once diagnosed. The surgery is one of the most painful recoveries of any. Nothing short of horrific. CPAP works great for some. The oral appliance can also be the fix. Some of us are dimmed.
Most said the surgery would be the worst experience ever. When I went for a follow up the following week the dr was scared to come in the room. I had my tonsils removed, deviated septum cleaned up, uvula removed, and soft pallete trimmed down. I didn’t think it was that bad and O2 saturation was better that night. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain but I’ve been married twice…

Most said the surgery would be the worst experience ever. When I went for a follow up the following week the dr was scared to come in the room. I had my tonsils removed, deviated septum cleaned up, uvula removed, and soft pallete trimmed down. I didn’t think it was that bad and O2 saturation was better that night. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain but I’ve been married twice…
I thought I was going to die. Didn’t eat for 9 days. Still got apnea. I’m pissed!
The wife says I’m a big sissy. IDK….

I thought I was going to die. Didn’t eat for 9 days. Still got apnea. I’m pissed!
I was eating in a couple days. Slowly like pasta and eggs.

I started cpap again a couple years ago. I’m not in love with it but it’s better than not sleeping. The one thing I have to say the surgery did was lower the pressure setting. Small victory but I’d probably be 15-20 vs the 8-9 now.

I’m envious of those that can tolerate and benefit from CPAP. I so wish I did.
It’s challenging for sure. All these fancy masks I’ve tried and I still do the best with the fisher and paykel Brevida nasal pillow mask. Also I find I need warmer air. I use some other heated tubing. The machine heater or the Philips heated tube (not that I’ve had a chance to use since the recall) aren’t as good.

Some people love cpap, some hate, some just tolerate and accept it’s better than not using it. I wish I could love it, I’m just an accept it guy.

Contact my sleep doctor out at The Sleep disorder’s center of Georgia. Dr Abul Matin at 404-257-0080 . I’m a patient of Dr Matin and I’m on a cpap with 2 different sleeping pills as I sleep for 2 or 3 hours and get up till a early morning snooze of 2 or 3 hours for 4 to 6 hours of my 2 part nights.Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom