• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking cigarettes

I once had some of these. Feels like a real cig and pulls like taking a drag. Might help with the urge to have something in your hand. Good luck…..

Attachments

• 391668C6-6759-4009-9C92-BECCD0DC6595.jpeg
    391668C6-6759-4009-9C92-BECCD0DC6595.jpeg
    729 KB · Views: 24
Well after 20 plus years I have laid them down, going on 36 hours now without one, as I have not been hit hard by a craving yet, I am sure it is coming, what I am struggling with is the need to have something in my hand, what are somethings y’all that have been in the same shoes done to help with the feeling on needing to do somthing with my hands?
I quit 20 years ago, after smoking for 20 years, (a tough road) and on occasion I still want to smoke, best advice I can give u is, do the math on the cost of smoking...and know what can be easier than not doing something? You no longer have to remember to have a lighter, bring your smokes, and so on!...Be strong! Just 3 a day is not quitting, it’s a cop out!

Thanks guys, yea after the limb incident when they did the cat scan on my shoulder , they said they could tell I was a smoker and it was getting to the point of no return when it comes to lung capacity and function, that coupled with 6 weeks at home my wife and daughter threw my cigs away and said that’s it! So far so good, my wife smoked years ago and said the first week was bad, 2nd week worse, first time I have ever tried to quit, and I am going to make sure it sticks! Hell they cost almost $8 a pack and was on 2 packs per day!

tootsie pops - who loves ya baby?
If plinker's glass of water doesn't work try this.
Before caving to the craving take a hammer
and whack one of your thumbs. Brain will
forget about smoking real quick. Which thumb
is your choice. Always good to have options.

My wife, who just started smoking about 15 years ago has tried everything, she simply enjoys smoking. She wants to quit because I don't care for it, but she's an adult and can decide for herself. She has tried the patches, e-cigs, cold turkey and nothing has worked for very long. Unfortunately, there are too many triggers for her, like her fricking sister is a chain smoker. Even her sister quit on that prescription chantix and went back to it because all her friends smoked. Very hard addiction to over come, but it can be kicked. Good luck and keep us posted on what works for you as I may suggest my bride try it.

Well after 20 plus years I have laid them down, going on 36 hours now without one, as I have not been hit hard by a craving yet, I am sure it is coming, what I am struggling with is the need to have something in my hand, what are somethings y’all that have been in the same shoes done to help with the feeling on needing to do something with my hands?
Get a soda straw and cut it to length to use. Put a new testament in your pocket where the cigarettes usually are and thank God for helping you through these next few days when you reach for the cigarettes pack. Do things that you normally don't do while smoking. I took plenty of tub baths just soaking and reading a book and sucking on Life savers candy or Peppermint candy. Take this smoking habit ONE DAY AT A TIME. You can Do anything you set your mind to for 24 hours. You have already proven that by your being in 36 hours already. The main deterrent to your success is getting too far ahead of yourself in your thinking. (A lot of nicotine addiction is psychological so don't let your mind tell you that you are just going to start back in a week so might as well go ahead and smoke one now.) I let this screw me up a few times. I stopped many times for three days and started again. Give thanks to God (if you think in those terms) for giving you the extra strength to fight the urges to smoke(which will come less often after about a week or so.) But, Don't think about a week or so. Stay in today! 24 hours is all you have to stop smoking. 24 hours. The next day if you commit to another 24 hours thats your decision. You have the ability to be nicotine free and it's worth the investment for 24 hours. Stay in the day and don't overthink this. You can do it. One day at a time......Keep a straw handy and whatever you need to satisfy the sucking habit, the hand to mouth habit, and congratulations on your decision to let yourself live cleaner, healthier, and more fun to be around(after the urges to kill stuff dissipates.) You could stand knee deep in dog ****e for 24 hours. You got this. It's mostly a psychological game. Been right where you are. You can do it. 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom