• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking cigarettes

My wife, who just started smoking about 15 years ago has tried everything, she simply enjoys smoking. She wants to quit because I don't care for it, but she's an adult and can decide for herself. She has tried the patches, e-cigs, cold turkey and nothing has worked for very long. Unfortunately, there are too many triggers for her, like her fricking sister is a chain smoker. Even her sister quit on that prescription chantix and went back to it because all her friends smoked. Very hard addiction to over come, but it can be kicked. Good luck and keep us posted on what works for you as I may suggest my bride try it.
If you or she is interested I can give you details of how to quit using ecigs. That part about her enjoying smoking is probably the thing that made it most difficult for me to quit.

People make mistakes when trying to quit using ecigs. I sure did, but I figured it out and it worked. I smoked three packs a day for 35 years. I enjoyed it so much that the first day I smoked at 20 years old I smoked two packs.

If you or she is interested I can give you details of how to quit using ecigs. That part about her enjoying smoking is probably the thing that made it most difficult for me to quit.

People make mistakes when trying to quit using ecigs. I sure did, but I figured it out and it worked. I smoked three packs a day for 35 years. I enjoyed it so much that the first day I smoked at 20 years old I smoked two packs.
Thank you Bear44, if you want to pm me your secret or even post it here, it may help others, I will definitely suggest it to my bride.

I quit with vaping back in 2011. Yes it's another habit but I slowly lessened my nicotine level and eventually quit it all. I was vaping zero nicotine by the time I gave it up
Slowly lessened nicotine is one of the key elements. Most people try to do that much too quickly and end up craving the real thing again. They also don't smoke the vape enough. The mind set is that the reason they are vaping is because they are trying to quit, so they should use the vape as little as possible. BIG mistake! If anything they should vape more than they smoked. Suck on that thing like it's a pacifier. Also, if you start to feel withdrawal symptoms, start holding the vape in your lungs like you are toking a joint. It takes longer for the nicotine to be absorbed from vape than it does from smoke. Use a high level of nicotine, too.

The idea is to stop the habit of smoking cigarettes first. Worry about nicotine reduction later. The nicotine is actually the least harmful part of the smoke from a cigarette. You and your doctor will see a serious improvement in your health even if you are vaping like a smokestack every day. Also, when people try to tell you that vaping is just as bad as smoking, just stop listening to them. They are demonstratively full of crap. It just ain't so. In the few years that I vaped after cigs my lungs cleared completely. My doc was so impressed that she started recommending vaping to other patients that were struggling with quitting smoking.

Back
Top Bottom