• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walk away from meet with no deal...

TommyT has the cleanest, nicest guns I have ever seen. He is one guy I can trust that whatever condition he describes in an ad is gospel. Not many people I would buy a gun from sight unseen but he is one of them for sure.

AMEN to this. If TommyT TommyT says an item is clean then you KNOW it is clean.

I had someone walk away from one of my deals. Had a really nice Winchester model 70 in .308 that had the barrel and action cerakoted in "Russian Military Green", threaded barrel, Harris bipod, etc... Was priced to sell, and the buyer checked it out and said that the action wasn't smooth enough... I guess he wanted the bolt loose enough to basically fall on it's own... Well, when you cerakote things you obviously take out a couple thousandths of an inch of clearance... So he passed.

I didn't have a problem with it and when I got home I found where the clearance was tighter, put a drop of oil on it, worked it back and forth 5 times and it was smooth as buttah....

I was disappointed in the condition of an item I traded for, but so far I've always gone through with deals. Guy was a friend in this case and always done right by me so I wasn't too worried about it. He got something he wanted and I was able to get something out of the way while moving to a different apartment.
For guns especially I try to give/get really accurate information so there is no surprises at the meet. I'm sure something will happen eventually though.

It was awesome people where buying them to put the bolts/extractors/ pump rails on theirs 870's because the China parts where milled and and non m.i.m. mine beat the **** out of my face though
I put 5 light target remington loads through it the day I got it. I did that with a pistol grip. It is a little jumpy....The metal is legitimate though. Very thick steel all over. I like the ghost rings too.

I had one call twice the week before and then wanted to meet about 10 miles from me and I thought he wanted to buy, but when talked he said he just wanted to see it. WHERE DO YOU GET THEM

I’ve had one where the fella wanted to “inspect” it the pistol first. I told him before we met that the price was FIRM. At the meet he proceeded to tell me I can get a brand new one for $50 more, I took my gun said go buy the brand new gun, thanks but no thanks.

I've had to adjust on the fly a couple of times.

Once was when the buyer pointed out some damage I'd missed, and another time when a perfectly good lever action that had been running fine when I tested it locked up the first time the buyer cycled the action.

Never had anything so bad one of us walked away though.

I've had to adjust on the fly a couple of times.

Once was when the buyer pointed out some damage I'd missed, and another time when a perfectly good lever action that had been running fine when I tested it locked up the first time the buyer cycled the action.

Never had anything so bad one of us walked away though.

I woulda liked to see your face when that lever gun locked up....

Back
Top Bottom