• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When to buy a car.

I'm not too sure the market will ever return to "normal". Last quarter, Ford's profits were thru the roof, even though they had little inventory to sell. They charged a premium for what inventory they had, and people paid it. The CEO of Auto Nation, the second largest car dealership network in the country, has already said that the pre COVID way of doing business is over, the days of car lots being full to the brim with inventory and deep dealer/manufacturer incentives is over.

It's discouraging. I've been saving up for a new truck, hopefully full sized, but possibly the new Frontier or Ranger when it's redesigned. At the rate of inflation these days and cost skyrocketing, it's not looking too good.

I'm not too sure the market will ever return to "normal". Last quarter, Ford's profits were thru the roof, even though they had little inventory to sell. They charged a premium for what inventory they had, and people paid it. The CEO of Auto Nation, the second largest car dealership network in the country, has already said that the pre COVID way of doing business is over, the days of car lots being full to the brim with inventory and deep dealer/manufacturer incentives is over.

It's discouraging. I've been saving up for a new truck, hopefully full sized, but possibly the new Frontier or Ranger when it's redesigned. At the rate of inflation these days and cost skyrocketing, it's not looking too good.
Not going to “like” that post, but afraid it may be true.
My hope is that when (if) the government stops subsidizing loafers and the money dries up, sales will fall off enough for dealers to have to discount. But, with 6 year+ car loans available, the “how much it gon’ be a month” folks will probably just drive on obliviously, happy with a life of indebtedness.

I've been in the market for a new truck...full size.

I'm eligible for GM Employee discount, Ford X plan, and Dodge Affiliate discount programs.
I haven't found any dealers willing to accept that pricing due to present market supply/demand

Toyota or Honda is the way to go. Every brand has issues etc, but I believe them to be the best.

Many years I was a solid GM person, but the lack of quality is outstanding. Seems like things really got worse for them after 2008. I have had a LEMON. Avoid avoid avoid. That is coming from a GM person.

You can thank your pants soiling self proclaimed president for the inflation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sound like the car market has really went to crap since I was in the business. I was a salesman / Finance manager so I was in on all the tricks of the trade. I have seen it all when it comes to new and used car trade but it sounds we have hit a completely different world when it comes to cars and trucks. I really though I had seen it all. This is all new to me and it sounds out of this world. Dealerships not willing to negotiate is nuts. I fear we haven't seen the worst. However, what goes up must come down.

It sound like the car market has really went to crap since I was in the business. I was a salesman / Finance manager so I was in on all the tricks of the trade. I have seen it all when it comes to new and used car trade but it sounds we have hit a completely different world when it comes to cars and trucks. I really though I had seen it all. This is all new to me and it sounds out of this world. Dealerships not willing to negotiate is nuts. I fear we haven't seen the worst. However, what goes up must come down.
It's just supply and demand. I've been in the business for about 8 years and I've never seen it like this either. There is no room to make deals right now. The price on the sticker is what you are going to pay if you want to get it. When they catch up on inventory later this year and early next year all the prices are going to come down dramatically

I don't believe that for a minute and that CEO is either stupid or doesn't believe it either and is saying that to drive sales for those sitting on the fence. This is nothing but a supply and demand issue, Ford is not going to reduce supply on purpose on everything they build to keep the lots empty. The used cars on the lot are overpriced and more importantly the dealers buying used cars are paying too much for them....as soon as new vehicle supply catches up, those dealers will be caught holding the bag, all of these jokers on TV talking are just trying to delay that as much as possible.

There will be really good vehicle deals to be found if you have the patience to wait for them, those that don't...I hope they get plenty of Gap insurance.....I hope anyone that bought a vehicle in that past 6 months has gap insurance on it...lol

Back
Top Bottom