Where do YOU Get Your Prices

Honest question. Who doesn't know what their guns are worth?

I know what mine are woth (To Me) and what I paid for them. Therein lies part of the problem. Some of the prices are sentimental and the owner sometimes feels like, "if you want my **** you are going to PAY for it" mentality and add personal values to real values.

My take on this so far, is go with your gut? basically any weapon is worth what someone will pay for it. I completey understand that.

So, I have a pistol I paid $312.00 for back in 1982, it stayed in my safe for 30+ years and only fired 20 or so rounds through it. Does that justify an $900.00 price tag? Just an example. I really do have one but, it's not for sale.

I like to use a search of numerous sites..... I do wonder if other people do the same... recently I asked a person who was selling a pistol how he determined his price..... I PMed him.... I have a book that gives a range and I noted a few listing.... He was completely on the excellent side of the range, but you can blatantly see the pistol was pitted and grip was chipped.... I never heard back..... :(

PM sent, sorry it took so long

I base mine on what I have in it . I am not making a living trading guns and I pass on deals whenever I get one. I don't try to get rich off someone else.

I LIKE IT... Mee Too Bud. Hope we do some trading sometime. I trade for fun, not for profit. It has allowed me to try out several different ones and helped me to decide what fits me best.

I am kind of at a dissadvantage where I live. It's a Military Town where prices are only higher because of all the soldiers. We all know that military towns jack their prices up only because of that reason right? There is only one "Gun Store" and an abundance of Pawn Shops which, we all know what their prices are like. The next closest to me is Bass Pro Shops in Savannah where you can take the average sale price of a gun and add $100.00 to and that is what they will have it priced at. There are a couple other but they all seem to kee their prices in line with each other. I think they talk on the phone every morning, LOL. anyway, I turned to this site for the overwhelming abundance and versitality of weapons. Most of you around the big cities have many more options. I, on the other hand, have to drive a good distance for anything, including trades.

sho nuff about the military pricing lol

Internet. Look for retailers "new" prices then try to find the average used price out there. My value is also determined by what I have in it or need to get out of it but that never exceeds retail on anything.

Back
Top Bottom