• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst recoiling gun you've shot.

Ruger Blackhawk 4 5/8” barrel in .41 Magnum. Only gun that has ever made me flinch. Shot it exactly 12 times and sold it. Didn’t care for it at all.
I’ve owned and shot .357s, .44 mags, heavy loaded .45 Colts, various Contenders and Encores but none recoiled like that Blackhawk.

I was lucky enough to have my name pulled for the first Goose hunt in Georgia years ago. I bought a 10 gauge Browning pump for it, I shot one goose at Lake Juliette and shot three shells. I still have twenty two shells left. The gun kicks so bad I haven’t shot it since, shakes the core of soul.

My shockwave with 00 buck before I did the tax stamp/stock. 30 rounds and my hands went numb.

My S&W 329 PD 44 magnum with magnum rounds is pretty stout as well.

Bond Arms Cyclops 45-70

Attachments

• IMG_7128.jpeg
    IMG_7128.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 19
1962 Remington 700 7mm mag...I got from my FIL, he got from his FIL...I fired it last weekend, hasn't been fired in probably 40 yrs...did 14rds and my shoulder still hurts...lol

Attachments

• 20230916_205622.jpg
    20230916_205622.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 14
As for handguns, 454 Casull out of a Taurus Raging Judge snubby was no fun. Another one that sticks out was some .410 derringer my son bought. With the self defense loads it was miserable. Most rifles don't really bother me but I had a 458 Socom AR that was definitely a chore to shoot. I don't think I ever put more than 5 or 6 rounds through it at a time. The worst shotgun was a clapped out Mossberg 500 that I hacksawed down to 19" and put a pistol grip on. 00 buckshot from that thing left me feeling like I had done permanent damage to something in my wrist.

S&W 460 Alaska grizzly with the 2” barrell that came with the survival box with medical supplies had a land yard that you put around your neck for carrying.one shot sprained wrist and 2 stitches in forehead i was no where close to anticipating the recoil from that M.F.

Back
Top Bottom