• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You never know when that old rifle will show up again

If Madison County got the guns I can tell you what will happen to them (if it hasn't already).

The nicer ones will end up in the collections of some of the cops that work around here and the rest will be auctioned off. I don't know how often MCSD holds auctions for seized items, but I know a couple of different people that have bought guns at them.
Bingo,i know of another department there evidence room looked like a flea market and all kind of weapons walked out of that place.it was a lil ole good old boy police dept up north Ga,them same good old boys will be on the otherside one day...GFBD.

If you bought it from a dealer, then there is a record of the transaction, no matter if it went through NCIC or using your CCW. As long as you filed out a 4473, there is record. Police contact the manufacture to see what distributor it was sent to, they contact the distributor to see what FFL dealer it was sent to, they then contact the FFL dealer to see who they transferred it to and then to you.
But I was under the the impression from my LGS that they only keep the forms for 10 years before destroying

Yeah, that still doesn't work. I once bought a used gun from local pawn shop and later sold to a member here on ODT. I had verified he had a valid GA drivers license and valid ccw. I get a phone call about 4-6 months later saying it had been recovered in a Gun Smuggling sting in NY. BATFE traced it back to pawn shop then to me. Told them I sold it online in a FTF transaction. They asked if it was on ODT. Told them yes and they asked for the members info, told them could not remember his actual name. They asked for his screen name and as soon as I told them, they said they were aware of him due to him buying from few other ODT members. He was shortly arrested and I'm sure by now, prosecuted. BATFE has access to all sections here on ODT, including private messages.
Sounds like we need to start communicating in clicks and whistles, I can do a pretty good owl call:becky:

Back
Top Bottom