• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR style 9mm pistols - what to buy? Keltec Sub2000?

Does anyone have an opinion on .40 vs 9mm for the Keltec sub 2000 for a tiny new shooter?

I figure the 9mm is gonna have about 400 ft lbs muzzle energy; and .40 will have about 800... about twice as much...

Will .40 in the Keltec be too much kick for a 120 pound small boned 50 year old?

Whatever you think, need her to try one out before purchasing. Does the recoil make her flinch? Can she operate the bolt to chamber a round or clear a malfunction?
Another thought, magazine changes would probably be easier with a Sub 2000. Better balance and hand-finds-hand quicker.

I'm really intrigued anyone would think that an MP5 / AR15 style of pistol, with or without a brace, is a good match for a novice lightweight 50 yr old lady. I'd have thought they're a bit over the top myself, and not the easiest thing to shoot well under pressure. I just find them awkward to fire two handed, feels wrong.

I'd suggest try to find a nice non intimidating range and go and have fun with some rentals and see what SHE feels comfortable with.

A good home defense gun may not make a good 'fun' gun, and visa versa

I'm really intrigued anyone would think that an MP5 / AR15 style of pistol, with or without a brace, is a good match for a novice lightweight 50 yr old lady. I'd have thought they're a bit over the top myself, and not the easiest thing to shoot well under pressure. I just find them awkward to fire two handed, feels wrong.
What? First of all 50 is the new 40, so we're aren't talking nursing home here. 2nd, a good brace is barely different than your average stock once the LOP is adjusted correctly. IMO the best thing for her would be something short, light, handles recoil well and SUPPRESSED.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom