Church security

Unarmored madman coming into the sanctuary? Go ahead with the pistols. Wearing body armor like the guy last week?!?! **** your pistols. You need rifle and a Marksman with a cool head behind it. Your LCPs and Gluck forties ain't gonna git it.
Failure to stop drill. 2 in the chest, quickly assess and put one in the head if needed. Pelvic girdle shot is another option. Obviously this takes excellent marksmanship, but even a bad guy with lvl IIIa body armor doesn't mean it's hopeless.

I think the douche of the week in Texas was wearing some type of ballistic helmet with face shield.
I remember the mention of a helmet, but not a face shield. Anyhow I watched an interview with Stephen Willeford where he talked about the fact that he recognized that the shooter was wearing armor and he aimed his rifle fire at the guys side and head. IIRC Stephen got him in the side once and neck twice.

I would definitely prefer a rifle in one of these situations, or a braced AR/AK pistol in 5.56 or 7.62x39, for accuracy, effect on target, and magazine capacity. An AR pistol broken down or with a Law tactical folder can fit into a backpack or laptop sized case, but takes a little time to deploy. Perhaps multiple first line defenders engage bad guy with pistols, while second line guy(s) ready braced AR pistols and engage.

Failure to stop drill. 2 in the chest, quickly assess and put one in the head if needed. Pelvic girdle shot is another option. Obviously this takes excellent marksmanship, but even a bad guy with lvl IIIa body armor doesn't mean it's hopeless.

If I have to put two in his chest, then he will definitely be getting at least one in the head, whether he needs it or not.

You must didn't watch TWD, you know they will come back to life if you don't put one in the head.

I think confronting outside needs to be the key consideration in any church security active shooter plan. This may not work in favor of the defenders who will likely be engaging with handguns a combatant who is better armed but it allows the noncombatants inside to disperse, lock down, block the doors, take cover, buys time for LE to arrive.

I think confronting outside needs to be the key consideration in any church security active shooter plan. This may not work in favor of the defenders who will likely be engaging with handguns a combatant who is better armed but it allows the noncombatants inside to disperse, lock down, block the doors, take cover, buys time for LE to arrive.

I agree with confronting the threat as far from the congregation as possible. However, the biggest the church the more difficult it could be to identify a threat due to the large number of cars and trucks in the parking area. All of which provide cover and a way to approach the building stealthily for the whacko/sick bastard.

Unarmored madman coming into the sanctuary? Go ahead with the pistols. Wearing body armor like the guy last week?!?! **** your pistols. You need rifle and a Marksman with a cool head behind it. Your LCPs and Gluck forties ain't gonna git it.
if I saw a bg wearing body armor I would not even try to hit the body, I would go right for the head.

Back
Top Bottom