• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you pass on a good deal if it requires a Bill of Sale?

I'm not sure what you guys are trying to hide.

Not to worry.............I have no doubt YOUR president will be successful in making a BOS a moot point with such good soldiers like you to help his cause. Then you won't have to worry any longer about what we have to hide.

I am firm believer in your gun, your rules; my money my rules, and a meeting of those two rules somewhere in the middle where both parties are in agreement BEFORE any meet is secured. If a seller wants a BOS and you don't, move on. The same goes with copying of any type of ID. If you must see a GWL, state so in your ad, don't say "a peek at your GADL or GWL and then demand both at the meet. Say what you mean, mean what you say, and by all means, be a man of your word. For those who are paranoid and not comfortable following the law which requires none of the above, by all means, use a FFL and save everyone the drama.

Nah, some ppl. are still responsible adults/not felons on this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to worry.............I have no doubt YOUR president will be successful in making a BOS a moot point with such good soldiers like you to help his cause. Then you won't have to worry any longer about what we have to hide.

Say's the dude that aint never bought nothin up in here.

My question was an honest one and I certainly did not vote for the current president. Part of selling a firearm is an honest attempt to determine the person is not a felon and buying with malicious intent. For my comfort level, that is looking at a Georgia WCL. I feel that a bill of sale is a CYA in the event something happens down the line with the gun and someone comes knocking on my door if I'm the original purchaser. To date, I've never had anyone with an issue whatsoever doing a bill of sale. If someone wasn't willing to put their address on a bill of sale, I wouldn't want to do the sale anyway. If your opinion is different, that is ok.

I've only been on the forum for a couple of months and thought this was a good place full of fairly tolerant people. I'm pretty surprised at the responses implying I'm stupid or a liberal (far from it) for asking a serious question. Most of the 'answers' given were not really answers. Many were simply "I'll move on".

I feel that a bill of sale is a CYA in the event something happens down the line with the gun and someone comes knocking on my door if I'm the original purchaser.

Nobody is coming "knocking on your door." At most you'll get a phone call. "Sorry, sold it." is sufficient.

I've only been on the forum for a couple of months and thought this was a good place full of fairly tolerant people. I'm pretty surprised at the responses implying I'm stupid or a liberal (far from it) for asking a serious question. Most of the 'answers' given were not really answers. Many were simply "I'll move on".
Because we are tired of people requiring extra-legal restrictions. If you required that a game of hopscotch be played before each sale, you'd be equally hassled as it is equally silly and meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom