• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you pass on a good deal if it requires a Bill of Sale?

My question was an honest one and I certainly did not vote for the current president. Part of selling a firearm is an honest attempt to determine the person is not a felon and buying with malicious intent. For my comfort level, that is looking at a Georgia WCL. I feel that a bill of sale is a CYA in the event something happens down the line with the gun and someone comes knocking on my door if I'm the original purchaser. To date, I've never had anyone with an issue whatsoever doing a bill of sale. If someone wasn't willing to put their address on a bill of sale, I wouldn't want to do the sale anyway. If your opinion is different, that is ok.

I've only been on the forum for a couple of months and thought this was a good place full of fairly tolerant people. I'm pretty surprised at the responses implying I'm stupid or a liberal (far from it) for asking a serious question. Most of the 'answers' given were not really answers. Many were simply "I'll move on".

Your missing the point. Everyone is telling you if either party doesn't agree to the terms, then move on. It is really nothing more than that. Asking why someone won't do a deal with you because you want a BOS when it has been explained ad nauseum is beating a dead horse.

I usually do pass on BOS unless it's a great deal... why? because there is no need to have a bill of sale legally and its just a matter of principal. I gladly show my id if asked because i want to proove im a GA resident. but anything else is pretty dumb if you ask me.

Your missing the point. Everyone is telling you if either party doesn't agree to the terms, then move on. It is really nothing more than that. Asking why someone won't do a deal with you because you want a BOS when it has been explained ad nauseum is beating a dead horse.

This FNG gets it. :thumb:

Ask yourself this, if a BOS is so "silly and useless" why do certain ppl. refuse to do one?
I'll let you use your imagination.

Back
Top Bottom