• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many rounds till you trust your pistol?

Malfunction drills aside, a brand new pistol is more likely to have issues than a pistol that is worn in a bit, at least that has been my experience. I have pistols I trust 100% and am familiar with to all end, but if I replaced one of them with a new gun of the exact same type I would still shoot at least a few hundred rounds to break it in. Just my way of doing things I guess.

Not necessarily the same thing with ammo (since I trust ammo companies less), but I also test a new gun with the ammo I plan to use because pistols are finicky little bastards sometimes :) If one type of HP hangs up in my gun more often than another brand of HP, it makes sense to me to not carry it. You can practice malfunction drills all day long, but clearing a malfunction is ALWAYS slower than not having one at all.

Pistols, a box of ammo without a problem. Revolvers, 2 cylinders worth (10, 12, or 14 rounds). And this is usually just to make sure it hit where I aim :D

Yeah it had been sent off to the factory for the safety Re-call they had, and by looking at it I believe they replaced the main recoil spring in it...The one that goes on the barrel. So I think it is just a matter of re-breaking in. Cause after those first 50 I completely dissembled EVERYTHING to the frame cleaned the heck out of it, and lubed everything thing with that militec-1 and it has ran perfectly through the last 225 rounds I have sent down it....

Back
Top Bottom