• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I got a little curious and I just wanted to see what it felt like...don't judge me

Technology advances, things change. Humans don't like change in general. We like to use the tool we know (for a lot of people). Like the manual transmission the days of the revolver I think are numbered. With prices most of the time higher than a good auto, fewer and fewer people see the value proposition of the revolver. I'm sure some people will still carry 44. Mag/500 in bear country as being a use, but that is a very limited amount of people needing a handgun. Now we will always have collectors etc.

Time moves on.

Their classic and have a great piece of history. Their produced in less quantity's, I hear they take more to make, so the price keeps going higher while demand keeps going lower.

Technology advances, things change. Humans don't like change in general. We like to use the tool we know (for a lot of people). Like the manual transmission the days of the revolver I think are numbered. With prices most of the time higher than a good auto, fewer and fewer people see the value proposition of the revolver. I'm sure some people will still carry 44. Mag/500 in bear country as being a use, but that is a very limited amount of people needing a handgun. Now we will always have collectors etc.

Time moves on.

Their classic and have a great piece of history. Their produced in less quantity's, I hear they take more to make, so the price keeps going higher while demand keeps going lower.
With all due respect….i dont believe that.
The revolver will always be around i think. There are tons of folks that do not practice, do not shoot, they get a gun and put it in their nightstand and it doesnt move. The revolver will always be availble because these types of folks aren’t competent enough to have a semi auto. just my .02

Time moves on.

Tell that to Harley Davidson…
Thats one one of the most antiquated designs out there.
And we still love them.

I have recently started carrying my Taurus Model 66, 7 shot revolver in .357 magnum, and a 4 inch barrel. I can carry IWB/OWB with no real issues. But, it is heavy. With that on one side and 2 loaded speed loaders on the other side I really have to hold on to my pants when I go to sit down on the commode.

I have carried a Glock 30S in .45 ACP for years but as I get older it gets harder and harder to rack the slide. If I get a jam I may not be able to clear it quickly so I'm liking the revolver more and more.

Back
Top Bottom