• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anybody else sick and tired of....

Once you have been away from teevee for several months, watch it next time you are at the Dr's office in the waiting room.

The social engineering is blatantly obvious. It isn't just the news. It is the commercials, and scheduled programming, as well.

If "the minority or deviant de jour" was treated like white, conservative males are portrayed, there would be law suits and mass demonstrations aimed at every network.

They would have people believe that all of America is inner racial marriages, same sex marriages, and the White man/Trump is always to blame.

There is no telling what not watching the news has done for my blood pressure and anxiety. I am convinced if we stopped watching the news and logged off of social media for a while the pharmaceutical companies would take a major hit. The number of anti depressants, blood pressure and anxiety meds would fall on their face.

I cut cable in 2012. Best decision I've made in some time since I quit smoking in 2005.

When I travel the T.V. seems stuck on CNN when it's turned on and I can never remember FOX's station number. I have to turn it off after a few minutes in the morning because I began day dreaming about putting on hobnailed boots and stomping John Berman's head like an overripe watermelon into a pulpy mush.

We cut the cord a long time ago at the house but I am still exposed to the media at the office. There is a TV in the break room at my office with Direct TV. Somehow it always gets tuned to MSNBC. I am so sick of the vile anti-American crap they spew. The other evening I tuned in some Indie channel and hid the remote in a toaster oven that may or may not have been plugged in (I didn't check).

Cut the cable in 2015 and it was the best thing I have done. BTW Meghan who?

When we did have cable, the only thing worth watching IMO was the classic movie station. TCM i think it was? Other than that, i would watch drag racing or boxing when it came on.
Now that we cut the cord on cable, i can catch the old MASH and other older sitcoms on some channel or another. Then there is this GRIT tv that shows westerns....then my brother gave me a FIRE tv thing from AMAZON that gets NETFLIX and HULU plus their programming for on demand type of viewing.
I cant stand any kind of broadcast news anymore.

There is no telling what not watching the news has done for my blood pressure and anxiety. I am convinced if we stopped watching the news and logged off of social media for a while the pharmaceutical companies would take a major hit. The number of anti depressants, blood pressure and anxiety meds would fall on their face.
Social media exception for ODT :becky:

Back
Top Bottom