• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

UPS driver was real late last night. Told me that they are wide open and expecting even more. They are seeing no slow down at all.

Take from that what you will, but I’m seeing a slow down.
Ran into our UPS driver at the Perry Kroger last week...in a new loaded Z71. Big Brown been good to him. But I KNOW he earns every dime of it, especially around Christmas.

I see folks spending like they have any worries, that’s what I don’t understand, since the ODT says it’s so bad right now🤷🏻‍♂️
It's people who have weathered a storm and come back stronger and folks who have no idea how to handle a storm because they haven't experienced one yet. They will learn. I've got a lot of dry powder if/when the market crashes again. Almost eagerly anticipating it. Gonna make bags of cash.

I don’t have any money but I do have paid for house and cars - like six of them (Cars, that is) - about 100k in professional tools that I will probably never sell even though I don’t twist wrenches anymore ! Lol.
My ole lady has a little moolah, she works though. I’m not sure what she gots since it’s hers. But we are doing ok I think.
Why would you not sell tools you are not using? Can’t imagine sitting on 100k of tools that I’m not using. Free up the cash and your wife won’t have to work as hard and you can pay someone to cut the yard. You can hold onto them and one day your wife will have to deal with getting rid of them and some of them will be obsolete. That’s a heck of a burden

Why would you not sell tools you are not using? Can’t imagine sitting on 100k of tools that I’m not using. Free up the cash and your wife won’t have to work as hard and you can pay someone to cut the yard. You can hold onto them and one day your wife will have to deal with getting rid of them and some of them will be obsolete. That’s a heck of a burden
Yeah , maybe.. what you say makes sense. I just worked my ass off to build that collection and it just is not that easy to turn loose of them. But you are right. I can’t use them like I used to, it’s like they are just sitting.
I think I am going to see what they will bring. I may be able to get a few different folks interested I. Them and honestly see what they are worth, cash wise. I know they gotta be worth something good. There is a box more than 6 ft tall and 3 ft wide full of them ! All SnapOn, Mac, Matco, along with air tools and specialty stuff too ! I spent years collecting that stuff , it made me some good bucks in the day too !

Yeah , maybe.. what you say makes sense. I just worked my ass off to build that collection and it just is not that easy to turn loose of them. But you are right. I can’t use them like I used to, it’s like they are just sitting.
I think I am going to see what they will bring. I may be able to get a few different folks interested I. Them and honestly see what they are worth, cash wise. I know they gotta be worth something good. There is a box more than 6 ft tall and 3 ft wide full of them ! All SnapOn, Mac, Matco, along with air tools and specialty stuff too ! I spent years collecting that stuff , it made me some good bucks in the day too !
Think of it as an opportunity to pass on the ability to make some money to someone younger and hungry and make some yourself. I love having conversations with older folks passing stuff on. I've learned a lot that way. I stay in touch with some of them as well. Just good folks.

I have the same problem. Trying to part with collections you’ve spent a lot of time and passion on, not to mention the $$$. We both know you have to do it, down size is the way to go. Once you part with a few items, the rest will come a lot easier. You just have to break the ice and do it. Don’t overwhelm yourself. List items only a few at a time, when one sells, put another up. Adjust pricing as you go if nothing moves. Remove things that don’t sell and RE-list them at another time. Just keep having a few things listed and don’t be in a rush. I’m on the 4-5 year plan of parting with everything except my wife lol!

I have the same problem. Trying to part with collections you’ve spent a lot of time and passion on, not to mention the $$$. We both know you have to do it, down size is the way to go. Once you part with a few items, the rest will come a lot easier. You just have to break the ice and do it. Don’t overwhelm yourself. List items only a few at a time, when one sells, put another up. Adjust pricing as you go if nothing moves. Remove things that don’t sell and RE-list them at another time. Just keep having a few things listed and don’t be in a rush. I’m on the 4-5 year plan of parting with everything except my wife lol!
I need to start liquidating also. Health seems OK, but age says “any time, now”.
Hard to do when you love everything you own, but wife could never handle sale of this crap.
Need to get daughter and SIL to come see what they might want, then start selling off the rest.

Back
Top Bottom