• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No one should buy aluminum body trucks...

Both sides have validity, most paint&body guys won't even give these trucks time of day cause it's all replacement panels. They can't use the stingers and pull the dents or most any conventional repair methods on these aluminum trucks. On the other hand most folks that purchase these trucks arnt working out of them either! They've become the new minivan grocery getter, so for the most part unless your grocery store is loading your granite rock with a skid steer an you don't play bumper cars in it, its fine esp further north in all the salt. My two cents

Mine was hit in the rear. The rt quarter was replaced with bumper, hitch, and the corner cap of the bed. After repair and paint it was $4000. The price is higher than it should have been because they replaced parts damaged that we not part of the accident. The 4x4 sticker was the most expensive part on average at $60 on its own.

Both sides have validity, most paint&body guys won't even give these trucks time of day cause it's all replacement panels. They can't use the stingers and pull the dents or most any conventional repair methods on these aluminum trucks. On the other hand most folks that purchase these trucks arnt working out of them either! They've become the new minivan grocery getter, so for the most part unless your grocery store is loading your granite rock with a skid steer an you don't play bumper cars in it, its fine esp further north in all the salt. My two cents

Honestly I don't give a rats ass what a body shop will and will not do. That's the insurance company's problem.

I recently heard from a GM salesman that GM and Dodge was already buying large amounts of aluminum for their next generation of trucks. Whatever one manufacturer comes out with, the others always copies to one degree or another

Back
Top Bottom