• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No one should buy aluminum body trucks...

I hate it but it has to be lighter to make the govt. grade. I'm not too worried about it as long as they don't start making the gears out of the stuff. The bed could be a problem though.

I hate it but it has to be lighter to make the govt. grade. I'm not too worried about it as long as they don't start making the gears out of the stuff. The bed could be a problem though.

I seem to remember that the Ford wasn't all that much lighter than the GM. Something like a couple hundred pounds.

$800 for taillight. wow

The guy at MOG ford said $2,000 for the tailgate, light, camera, locking mech, and paint. I'm not sure he new what he was talking about, but he did say mexicans are stealing them like crazy if you don't lock the truck (tailgate locks with the truck).

IMG_2206.JPG
This is a Chevy Colorado hauling a Ford F-150...it can because the Ford's are so light and airy now.

What will everyone bitch about when ford chevy and dodge use aluminum bodies? If it works it works. If not... hopefully they phase it out and I will skip than generation in 12 years when those years fall in my price range.

Btw who slams stuff into the bed of a nice truck without a bed liner? I would feel sick!

Back
Top Bottom