• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA sells out gun owners

Has anyone wrote the NRA and received a response?
I have. They pay attention to people that actually do anything meaningful for the org. My voice was heard.

Feel free to start your own "any weapon I want and Eff You if you don't like it" group.
Samuel Adams said it better than anyone. “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

And pushing it to the BATFE for "review" keeps Congress from voting on a ban
LOL, GLWTFS.

If the NRA doesn't believe that the average American citizen should be able to own the standard issue rifle of the states Military than they need to quit posing as second amendment supporters.
This is true. The NRA should drop the 2A supporter cloak and put on the Elmer Fudd orange that most of the naysayers here seem to love.

Fat Albert, the difference is that in order to use "gun control" to address most mass shootings, you'd have to have a very restrictive law that makes it hard to have a "normal" defensive rifle. Most mass shootings use ordinary, common semi-auto guns and standard capacity mags (15-ish rounds for handguns, 30 for rifles).

BUT LAS VEGAS was different. Bump fire stocks are NOT normal, or common.
They're not useful for self-defense or 2A militia purposes.
They're just a novelty, for fun, in the hands of good citizens.
And they're ultra-deadly weapons of mass destruction in the hands of crazies and criminals.

THEREFORE, in this particular case "gun control" can address the Vegas shooting (extra high casualties due to bump fire stocks) WITHOUT really impacting your "gun rights" and your ability to choose a highly suitable and effective weapon for home defense.
Sorry but completely disagree. The bump fire stocks didn't enable him to kill 9 more people than the Orlando shooter. The fact that he had a comfortable shooting nest and 22 thousand people with no cover is the only reason this is the largest mass shooting. We're extremely lucky it wasn't a lot more deaths.

And I don't mean to be a dick here but if you're ok with banning or regulating a piece of plastic that slides back and forth you're just being intellectually dishonest with yourself. How much safer would them 22thousand people be if he didn't have a slide fire stock. Give me a break.

Gun laws are somewhat like drug laws.
Drugs are classified, under both Federal law and state law, into various "schedules."
A schedule is a group of drugs that have a similar score on the risk/ utility calculation.
What is the potential for bad, and what is the potential for good?
Schedule I drugs have the most risk of bad use and harmful consequences, and the least possible benefit even if dosed properly under a doctor's supervision.
Schedule IV drugs are controlled substances that have a lot of good uses and benefits, but their potential hazards still require that they be prescription-only and with criminal penalties for selling them on the street.

When it comes to guns, Machineguns and bump fire stocks are more like Schedule I or II.
Regular AR and AK carbines, semi-autos, are more like Schedule III.
Current federal law views sporting shotguns and bolt action rifles as similar to Schedule IV, but I say those guns should be non-prescription. Purely sporting weapons with virtually no likelihood to be used by criminals should be unregulated, just like knives and axes, bats, and 5-gallon cans of gasoline are basically unregulated at the retail or post-purchase level.
Legally speaking how did you come up with this?( In relation to the second amendment..) serious question

Reactions: MRH
If you seriously think the Second Amendment means "anybody can have any weapon they want and carry it anywhere, anonymously and no questions asked, no paperwork" THEN GO AHEAD AND QUIT THE N.R.A.
It wasn't meant for people like you anyway. That's not why the NRA was formed or what their core function is.

No I don't think it. I know it. If anyone doesn't understand that 2A is about defense of the citizenry from a tyrannical government, then they have no clue what 2A means.

Not surprised at all that a dirt tabloid rag like them would support them as they've already published articles saying that they hoped the Criminal Hillary would get elected so their NFA investments would be protected.

I think the NRA is feeling the heat lots of members where upset. This is how a democracy works. Every NRA member should oppose further gun laws. I don't hunt but when a hunting issue comes up like the lead ban I open my mouth. We need to work together.

^ This is exactly what happened. There is also an effort going to recall those two idiots that put out that response - 6500 signatures I believe is the number needed.

They are most certainly feeling the heat with member cancellations, and that hurts the one thing the NRA holds most dear - MONEY.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

I'm getting the same feeling I get when I look at the slack-jawed expressions of my girlfriend's family when I argue with that bunch of loser libtards about gun control.

Alright..to all of you Anti-NRA guys...do you even read the news? Have you been keeping up with current events? The NRA has protected and more importantly expanded our rights for years now. They have achieved incredible court wins at all levels including the Supreme Court. They have helped achieve great progress in state and federal legislation. They have helped protect and expand carry rights and fought against assault weapons bans and magazine restrictions. Their lobbying helped the 1994 Crime Bill expire without new laws to replace it. They have reached beyond simple gun laws and expanded our right to self -defense.

The statements above that infer the NRA only supports hunting and hunting rifles and shotguns is ridiculous and ignorant.

C'mon guys think....

The NRA remains our strongest advocate... and now you want to weaken them by quitting and going home because of bump stocks??? Bump stocks?

Bump stocks are clearly designed to mimic ful-auto weapons which are already subject to stronger gun laws. Bump Stocks clearly skirt existing law.

Cadcom Cadcom is right- if you don't like what the NRA does...use your voice to improve,make changes and strengthen the organization. Don't just quite and take your ball and go home.

@araomd is right..imagine a world without the NRA. C'mon guys think

@sambo77 and @GAgunLAWbooklet made some ready smart arguments. Think guys.

This is not the time for simple knee-jerk reactions. Think.

I'm getting the same feeling I get when I look at the slack-jawed expressions of my girlfriend's family when I argue with that bunch of loser libtards about gun control.

Ehh. There has always been a small minority of "gun owner" sellouts.

The NRA is feeling the heat from the majority of gun owners who have common sense and actually know what this is really about. But Cox and Lapierre still need to go.

"Why do you need a 30 rnd magazine, really?"

Yeah, been there, done that...

Back
Top Bottom