• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prep suggestions

james357

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
370   0
Reaction score
Got my wife in GEAR To Go To TRU PREP tomorrow.
I am open to suggestions on what to get.
I have 60 days of long term 15 year 20 year food.
Water is my concern.
Long term food needs to increase to 6 months. Sure the Prep guys will help. I went in years ago and was dissatisfied with the food choice. I am sure they have increased selection.
Any suggestions.
Ammo and guns are not a concern I am stocked.
Thanks.

I have like 4 different water filters and also different replacement ceramic filters for them as well. Also I have been looking hard at a solar oven as well, shtf that would be handy not having to have fire to cook. Fire gives away smoke and smoke gives away location.

Mo Mauser is right about water supply. And based on your question sounds like you have freeze dried grub. Food goes bad 3 ways, light, air, heat, even freeze dried . There are hundreds of places to buy AKA: survival food, but you can go canned food. Cheaper and does last past that date the Gov makes them put on the cans. If the can is not dented or bloated, will last for years past that date. Cheap places to buy survival food/emergency rations is on line with both Sam's club and Walmart and Amazon. Check it out. As for cooking remember fire has 3 problems, smoke, light, smell, any of which will give your position away.

The long term solution is not a horde of overpriced bland can and baggie contents and gadgets. That is what the survivalist and prepper industry wants to sell you. What happens if you have to evacuate with just the clothes on your back? What happens on day 61, 121, or 2 yrs?

You need to learn, and practice, subsistence agriculture and basic survival skills. Those cost mostly time and effort.

iu

Do not buy anything at a prepper show. Don't even take any credit cards. Just windowshop for ideas.

The long term solution is not a horde of overpriced bland can and baggie contents and gadgets. That is what the survivalist and prepper industry wants to sell you. What happens if you have to evacuate with just the clothes on your back? What happens on day 61, 121, or 2 yrs?

You need to learn, and practice, subsistence agriculture and basic survival skills. Those cost mostly time and effort.

iu

Do not buy anything at a prepper show. Don't even take any credit cards. Just windowshop for ideas.
46b8fa885554822ce26563140f31c9cc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom