• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prep suggestions

About every other month I buy a Sawyer water filtration system at Wal-Mart. It's right at 30 bucks, filters 99.99999% of bacteria, 99.9999% of viruses is theoretically capable of filtering millions of gallons of water and, unlike the Life Straw, can be used as a gravity or squeeze pressure filter for making water to drink later or cook with.

https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-squeeze-filter-system-sp131/
I got 2 large and 3 small ( 1 for each vehicle 3 vehicles) 2 for home. Why do you by so many if the last for so long?

I got 2 large and 3 small ( 1 for each vehicle 3 vehicles) 2 for home. Why do you by so many if the last for so long?
Portability and redundancy. A couple for home, BoB, GHB (Get Home Bag), and backups for everything. Remember, with prepping 2 is 1 and 1 is none.

It is nice to have extras for barter or selling. I also have several means for purifying water as well as storing 250 gallons of potable water.
Yep. I also have a ceramic candle filter set up and a lot of chlorine on hand both liquid and dry. I do need to work on more storage though..

About every other month I buy a Sawyer water filtration system at Wal-Mart. It's right at 30 bucks, filters 99.99999% of bacteria, 99.9999% of viruses is theoretically capable of filtering millions of gallons of water and, unlike the Life Straw, can be used as a gravity or squeeze pressure filter for making water to drink later or cook with.

https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-squeeze-filter-system-sp131/

These are pretty horrible. I bought one of these for hiking and wish I would have splurged for one of the pump units.

Got my wife in GEAR To Go To TRU PREP tomorrow.
I am open to suggestions on what to get.
I have 60 days of long term 15 year 20 year food.
Water is my concern.
Long term food needs to increase to 6 months. Sure the Prep guys will help. I went in years ago and was dissatisfied with the food choice. I am sure they have increased selection.
Any suggestions.
Ammo and guns are not a concern I am stocked.
Thanks.
Water, do what I did install a pool.

Back
Top Bottom