• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting Dogs.....

As some have stated, why not secure the dog if the cops are on the way? He was secured, he was inside his home with the doors shut. Robby, has always respected law enforcement, he is not cop bashing, his is just very upset with Cobb co on how they handled this situation. Some of the LEO that are responding to this points are very valid in my opinion. They were there do to their job that they were called out to do by the alarm company. Just a few more details, Rob's how is not very big, the room that he was in was right next door to the 2ND door they went through to get in his house, he never heard them announce, you could hear a whisper from there. He can see the his driveway looking out the window in that room which is where he was looking for them to roll up , after hearing the barks, they went out the same two doors before Luke came out, they could have just simply closed either of the two doors.
They have been caught lying in their own police report, more than once trying to cover this up. I am so glad his pistol was not on his person, he didn't know they were there yet and this could have turned out even worse. They parked in the street behind his house behind a fence and entered through the back. I, as most, understand that LEO's have a job to do, but this particular case was handled poorly.
As someone posted earlier, they were caught lying in the report, at the diner that they were at they were figuring a way to cover this up, they lied about his own SISTER's statement making this as a vicious dog case. If the police can shoot any dog for barking, then I now have problems with police. These are two cops that ****ed up and are not man enough to admit it and deal with their own **** up. Luke in no way ever was a vicious dog, what a bull**** excuse to tell someone on why they shot their pet.
Robby is very upset about losing his dog, what pisses him off is how his dog died, and how Cobb co is able to get away with writing up what they see fit to cover up what they do not want known so easily.

As some have stated, why not secure the dog if the cops are on the way? He was secured, he was inside his home with the doors shut. Robby, has always respected law enforcement, he is not cop bashing, his is just very upset with Cobb co on how they handled this situation. Some of the LEO that are responding to this points are very valid in my opinion. They were there do to their job that they were called out to do by the alarm company. Just a few more details, Rob's how is not very big, the room that he was in was right next door to the 2ND door they went through to get in his house, he never heard them announce, you could hear a whisper from there. He can see the his driveway looking out the window in that room which is where he was looking for them to roll up , after hearing the barks, they went out the same two doors before Luke came out, they could have just simply closed either of the two doors.
They have been caught lying in their own police report, more than once trying to cover this up. I am so glad his pistol was not on his person, he didn't know they were there yet and this could have turned out even worse. They parked in the street behind his house behind a fence and entered through the back. I, as most, understand that LEO's have a job to do, but this particular case was handled poorly.
As someone posted earlier, they were caught lying in the report, at the diner that they were at they were figuring a way to cover this up, they lied about his own SISTER's statement making this as a vicious dog case. If the police can shoot any dog for barking, then I now have problems with police. These are two cops that ****ed up and are not man enough to admit it and deal with their own **** up. Luke in no way ever was a vicious dog, what a bull**** excuse to tell someone on why they shot their pet.
Robby is very upset about losing his dog, what pisses him off is how his dog died, and how Cobb co is able to get away with writing up what they see fit to cover up what they do not want known so easily.

It bears repeating. The coverup is almost always worse than the action. If the officer overreacted, it is what it is, but a conspiracy to hide the facts is a problem.

What would be the disciplinary action an officer would face, if any, if he said "Damn! I just left a call where an officer was attacked by a dog and I may have been too quick on the trigger."?

Why didn't the home owner secure the dog when he KNEW there would be a LE response to the alarm? This is especially true since he had already heard the dog start barking once before and thought it may have been the police.

As for the breed being a lab, you can find any personality in any breed. I've met labs that would do there best to kill you if they had the chance. They are rare, but they do exist.

The LEO had permission to enter the home unannounced. That is PART OF THEIR JOB when responding to an alarm and the owner has agreed to it when they had the alarm installed.

If there is more to this story, I want to hear it and will reserve final judgment until I do. However, what I get from this story so far is that the LEO entered the home the way he should have, was looking for a potentially armed intruder and a full grown, 70 pound plus aggressive dog came at him.

BTW, an aggressive dog does not know or care if you're a good guy or bad guy and identifying yourself to it and telling it to drop the weapon does not work, so trying to replace the word dog with "Homeowner" in this story does not work.

When I'm evaluating a dog that has aggressive tendencies for a family I warn them that, though I love dogs, the safety of a human trumps the life of a dog every time and my evaluation is going to take that into account. If the wrong situation occurs almost any dog can become dangerously aggressive. Unless someone is a real expert with lots of experience it can be VERY difficult to determine in a split second whether the dog that is confronting you is serious or just bluffing. It's not the responsibility of LE to find out the hard way, especially when they are already in a potentially dangerous situation.

I wonder how many of you being charged by a strange aggressive dog when you had a gun in your hand REALLY would not pull that trigger. For those of you that will say, "It's not my job to make that call, but it is a cop's", no hell it's not. Not when it's concerning a dog's life rather than a human's life and they are already in a situation where they could be fighting for their own life against an armed human in the next split second.

Do you guys really think this LEO shot the dog just for the hell of it?

Yes, I think he was a trigger happy punk.

- - - Updated - - -

More BS bravado.

More bs responses, too many kids with a chip on their shoulder to match that quick mouth that think they know it all, someday they'll wake up and realize they're just punks..

Last edited:
Guys I will clean up any "cop bashing" in this thread. This is not about cops in general, it's about two officers and cobb county.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I will clean up any "cop bashing" in this thread. This is not about cops in general, it's about two officers and cobb county.

- - - Updated - - -

More bs responses, too many kids with a chip on their shoulder to match that quick mouth that think they know it all, someday they'll wake up and realize they're just punks..

So you stand by saying a police officer "better have body armor on" if he for whatever reason destroyed your animal and I"m the punk?

If the officer had used any common sense this poor mans dog would still b alive. To all of you who are defending the officer thank god you arnt in law enforcement. And to the owner if the dog i am sorry for your loss sir

- - - Updated - - -

If the officer had used any common sense this poor mans dog would still b alive. To all of you who are defending the officer thank god you arnt in law enforcement. And to the owner if the dog i am sorry for your loss sir

- - - Updated - - -

That's right, high speed, he woke up that morning looking for a dog to shoot. Do you have problems with your vision or are you used to looking through your rectum.

Back
Top Bottom