• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Summer Carry - talk me out of buying a Kahr CM9

I have had 4 of them they were all pieces of crap and had a jam rate of 40%, the sights fell off of one and the slide rusted on another. One of the floor plates fell out of my mag. The barrel is prematurely wearing in my newest one.

I have had 4 of them they were all pieces of crap and had a jam rate of 40%, the sights fell off of one and the slide rusted on another. One of the floor plates fell out of my mag. The barrel is prematurely wearing in my newest one.

Dang man, I've never heard of this. But not saying you're lying. Were you using the same ammo that was jamming up your PPQ? Haha...no but seriously??? Also, I hear that Kahr has great customer service. If I were you (I'm assuming you haven't in this statement) I would contact them and let them know. Worse case scenario they tell you to take a hike and you won't get that 15 min of your life back.

Settled on a Gen 4 G26 for EDC, but really enjoy carrying the G42 - easier to sit down, no belt drag, very comfortable, etc. I just wish it was 9mm. Been eyeying the CM/PM 9s very hard. I am a big fan of the glock trigger as I shoot of the reset, and understand this to be of a smooth DA pull? Does it have a reset? Can night sights be put on a CM?

Owned, shot and sold the Shield, XDS, Nano - something always pushed back to the glock.

Thanks,
Jack

The reset on a Kahr is not as apparent. I believe there are night sights but would have to check with Dawson Precision to be dead certain. I know they have them for the CW series and they may work on the CM as well. I prefer the CW size myself and carry a K9 since I prefer steel.

There are indeed night sights available. http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-CWCM-Trijicon-Night-Sights.asp

You would be welcome to fondle my K9 or the CW9.

Last edited:

Wow, that causes me pause - sorry for your luck. Damn, where is my single stack Glock 9MM!

I'm just screwing with ya'll. Just goes to show your only judging on someone else's opinion that you don't even know. never owned one

Haha you're a troll!!! No but that's pretty funny. When I read your post I was like "what!!!". I was hesitant to believe it because that just sounded crazy. That was a good laugh though, thanks for that. I bet you are a hoot after a few beers. You better get your *ss out to the next meet & greet.

jeshoffstall, I recommend you get yourself a Kahr. I can't wait to get mine. That's my opinion, but as semi-pro proved to us, go shoot the dang thing. At least dry fire it. What we say doesn't matter if you do or don't like it for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom