• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Summer Carry - talk me out of buying a Kahr CM9

Yeah, seeing them for $350 out the door, guess I need to go pick one up and swing by and see Bob Cook to get holstered up!

Guess if I sold my G42 on here I could buy two CM9s and give one to the wife :cool:

Yeah, seeing them for $350 out the door, guess I need to go pick one up and swing by and see Bob Cook to get holstered up!

Guess if I sold my G42 on here I could buy two CM9s and give one to the wife :cool:

Is the only reason why you're moving away from the G42 because it's a .380? I've heard they are nice shooters.

I would go with the CW9. The grip on the CM9 was too short for me. Neither the Pierce grip extension or the Kahr extended mag really did a good job of giving you a firm grip on the gun. The short grip made it a little snappy, not unbearable. The CW9 is great.

Is the only reason why you're moving away from the G42 because it's a .380? I've heard they are nice shooters.
Yes, I love everything about the 42 but the caliber. It is wicked light, very accurate, 500 plus rounds and never a hicup - ever. I have been carrying it daily in a cook's holster and its no different than having a cell phone on your hip. I know a .380 is better than a rock, but not by much.

Ok, so took the wife to Main Street for Ladie's night, they had one and I bought it. Since we were there for her I only got 25 rounds through it tonight. Nice little pistol. The trigger is much like the nano or a tuned 642. Not as accurate with it as with my glocks, but accurate enough at 21 ft for a first outing. They priced matched another local retailer, so OTD for $350 and free range time since I made the purchase!

Unfortunately I lost it in a canoe accident on the way home, so still protecting the castle with a ball bat :)

I would go with the CW9. The grip on the CM9 was too short for me. Neither the Pierce grip extension or the Kahr extended mag really did a good job of giving you a firm grip on the gun. The short grip made it a little snappy, not unbearable. The CW9 is great.

Masad Ayoob's crush grip will take that snappiness right out of that gun lol.

Ok, so took the wife to Main Street for Ladie's night, they had one and I bought it. Since we were there for her I only got 25 rounds through it tonight. Nice little pistol. The trigger is much like the nano or a tuned 642. Not as accurate with it as with my glocks, but accurate enough at 21 ft for a first outing. They priced matched another local retailer, so OTD for $350 and free range time since I made the purchase!

Unfortunately I lost it in a canoe accident on the way home, so still protecting the castle with a ball bat :)

So wait, let me get this straight: You bought the gun tonight and then lost it????

Back
Top Bottom