• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Summer Carry - talk me out of buying a Kahr CM9

Masad Ayoob's crush grip will take that snappiness right out of that gun lol.

So wait, let me get this straight: You bought the gun tonight and then lost it????

That happens .... I was out on the lake today with all guns when the canoe tipped over... probably a bad plan on my part ;)

If the Kahr fits, go with it, but look into adding the CT laser.

The sights on all those micro-pistols are pretty useless, especially if you take into account the fact that if you do use, it it will most likely be in a low light situation. Also, the 'rule of 3's' (3 yards, 3 shots, 3 seconds) for 90% of most SD incidents says that sighted fire is probably not going to happen anyways.

Even at the range, the laser made getting solid hits 'at speed' in the 7-10 yards range more likely with my PM380. If you add up the cost of the C-series along with the laser, you are still probably less than the P-series guns with the night sights.

If the Kahr fits, go with it, but look into adding the CT laser.

The sights on all those micro-pistols are pretty useless, especially if you take into account the fact that if you do use, it it will most likely be in a low light situation. Also, the 'rule of 3's' (3 yards, 3 shots, 3 seconds) for 90% of most SD incidents says that sighted fire is probably not going to happen anyways.

Even at the range, the laser made getting solid hits 'at speed' in the 7-10 yards range more likely with my PM380. If you add up the cost of the C-series along with the laser, you are still probably less than the P-series guns with the night sights.

The only problem is finding a good IWB holster for it when you have the CT laser on it.

The only problem is finding a good IWB holster for it when you have the CT laser on it.

I really like Concealment Solutions and Crossbreed for IWB holster, and they both have a laser option. On my PM380 I use it as a pocket gun, so I just got a Recluse for it... they do laer/non-laser as well.

I really like Concealment Solutions and Crossbreed for IWB holster, and they both have a laser option. On my PM380 I use it as a pocket gun, so I just got a Recluse for it... they do laer/non-laser as well.

Sweet! Thank you for the reference there. I was going to be trying to find one.

Back
Top Bottom