• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wedding ring insurance

All of our jewelry and watches are on a separate jewelry rider thru State Farm.
It ain’t cheap and all Items over 5k must be independently appraised which is costly.

Look into listing it as scheduled personal property. It will cost a little more in premium. You will gain broader protection and you will not have a deductible if it is lost or stolen. Scheduled personal property does require an appraisal and you will receive appraised value in the event of a claim.

I believe Shane Co's policy only covers if it's stolen or if it breaks and stones are lost.
I am really just worried about her losing the entire ring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would suggest a rider ( I think that’s what it’s called) on your homeowners. I think he one for my wife’s ring is like $150 per year and it cover if it’s lost

I cancelled ours. If the appraisal comes out to $10,000 your premium will be based on that value but, if lost and the ins co. Can get a replacement for $5000. Guess what, that’s all you get. Just b/c it’s gets lost does not mean your getting a check for $10k

You’ll end up paying the premium at full value but actually will be getting about 1/2 if lost. Policy’s pay for replacements not the insured value

Wife’s is covered under homeowners. Had to get all jewelry independently appraised at a cost for the insurance.
And twice a year back to Jarod’s for free mounting checks for their lifetime free replacement and free adjustments.
Too much $ for me but she is happy and therefore so am I.

Back
Top Bottom