• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why wouldn't you want to do a bill of sale?

License plate?
Other guy has a friend follow you home in a different car?
Aren't you as likely to be followed home by the guy hanging out outside the gun store when you buy your 13th AK?
What about the guy who sees you wearing a vest in Walmart?
Do you get gun rags in the mail?
Have a Glock sticker, or an NRA one?
What about a gun rack?

I believe in a more proactive response to gun thieves.
You can check in, but you can never leave.

License plate?
Aren't you as likely to be followed home by the guy hanging out outside the gun store when you buy your 13th AK?
What about the guy who sees you wearing a vest in Walmart?
Do you get gun rags in the mail?
Have a Glock sticker, or an NRA one?
What about a gun rack?

I believe in a more proactive response to gun thieves.
You can check in, but you can never leave.

My point exactly...just how far are ya willing to take the whole paranoid thing?
Because if they REALLY wanna rob ya, they will regardless of BOS or not. That whole reasoning is retarded.

License plate?

I Spot and lose tails pretty quickly

What about the guy who sees you wearing a vest in Walmart? I don't work at Wal-Mart, if you can get into where I work, you aren't a threat.
Do you get gun rags in the mail? No
Have a Glock sticker, or an NRA one? No
What about a gun rack? No

The fact is no one can give me a valid reason to do a BoS.

Personally, I do it because I feel morally obligated to. I don't wanna sale a gun to a felon, so it's either let me see your GWL or print and sign a BOS I don't need your birth certificate and stool specimen like ppl. assume here.

My point exactly...just how far are ya willing to take the whole paranoid thing?
Because if they REALLY wanna rob ya, they will regardless of BOS or not. That whole reasoning is retarded.

it isn't about paranoia.

It is about Risk Management.
Just because someone can steal your ID with almost no information doesn't mean you should stand on a street corner and hand out your SSN.

Identify, Assess/prioritize, Remediate/Control.

Personally, I do it because I feel morally obligated to. I don't wanna sale a gun to a felon, so it's either let me see your GWL or print and sign a BOS I don't need your birth certificate and stool specimen like ppl. assume here.

Morally obligated my ass. A BoS does not prevent you from selling a firearm to a felon and in fact provides evidence for the prosecution if you ever did.

If you really felt morally obligated, you would only do transactions at FFLs.

Bull****.jpg

How does signing a bill of sale stop you from selling to a felon? Last time I checked felons can sign a piece of paper too.

And even if they sign it it still doesn't change that a felon bought your gun or do you think criminals wont lie when they buy your gun

Back
Top Bottom