• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worlds best Gunfighter handgun.

I'm sure the "block" nuts are going to come from every and cranny in horrible indignation, but if "blocks" are do great, why are so many up for sale?? I have tried them and find no such fascination about them. Oh well, guess I am just " block snobbery" material.
"why are so many up for sale??"

Because there are so many more of them in circulation than any other handgun. G19 is the most popular CC weapon in the world. G17 and G22 are the most popular LE weapons in the Western Hemisphere... at least.

Well for one thing they were gunfighters.
Gunfighter guns is topic of thread.
Not a mention of 'modern' gunfighters.
Genghis Kahn was a conqueror not gunfighter.
Now that you mention it he didn't carry a Gluck either.

Relax, don't take ODT so seriously. Allow yourself
room to accept the fact that no gunfighter had a Gluck,
Gluck didn't design their guns for gunfighting and in
present day society we have no gunfighters. Sure we
have gangs, drive bys, swat teams, domestic violence,
road rage, but we have no gunfights thank goodness.
You can love modern day Glocks to your heart's content
even if it never was, never has been, never designed for
a gunfighter. Besides, none of the Glucks fit any gunfighter's
holster. That's a big part of it right there.

it all matters on what your defining as "gunfighter". I was the second post in this and also said the best "gunfighter" handgun was a COLT SAA because i also think of old west when i think of gunfighters, but many could also be thinking of modern ones in which the glock most deff takes the cake.

My response that your comment meant nothing in the thread is still valid though as all you said was "folks didnt carry a glock before they existed".

81ZaCi8VVJL.jpg

And let the hate begin!

The best gunfighter pistol is the one in the hand(s) of someone who knows how to use it. I've seen plenty of "old men" with their single action Colts who could easily outdraw and out shoot me with my modern semi-auto.

This is similar to some younger guys who were making fun of a friend of mine, and "old man" with his Garand. They compared his rifle to a "musket". I advised them that that "old guy" with his "musket" could repeatedly hit a IDPA silhouette at 500 yards with nothing but a sling as an aid; a feat they probably could not duplicate with sandbags and lots of misses. They slunk off.
Now apply the practice that went into that old man getting that good with a single action revolver and apply it to a modern semi auto handgun. Which do you think is most likely to come out on top in a gunfight?

This isn't about which gunfighter is best. It's about which handgun is best in a gunfight. All other things being equal, that SA shooter loses.

Huh? You are talking about old west gun fighters. Anyone who has ever been in a gun fight is technically a gun fighter. They did not die out with the old west. Do you really believe any of those old west guys would choose a SA revolver in today's society? Over a Glock, CZ, or 1911? I really don't think so.

This thread was bound to get silly from the get go...Ain't that right, Bypass? Way to go man. I love the silly threads. The only thing better than a gun/caliber debate thread is a "goodbye ODT!" thread...And now that I think about it, we haven't had a goodbye thread in too long. Those are the best.

Now apply the practice that went into that old man getting that good with a single action revolver and apply it to a modern semi auto handgun. Which do you think is most likely to come out on top in a gunfight?

This isn't about which gunfighter is best. It's about which handgun is best in a gunfight. All other things being equal, that SA shooter loses.
Unless you are Bob Munden, which you are not, and neither is anyone else here.

Back
Top Bottom