• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You have to leave on foot, which 2 guns do you take with you and why?

And back on topic.. I wouldn't leave with a damn thing. I'm far more secure at home. BUT.. I do travel with a small BOB and some stuff that fits under the carpet in the grocery getter. There's a folding stock mossberg 500 in there and a model 10 Smith, plus my carry piece. The wife's van has a 500 and a mod. 64 smith, plus carry.

More important than weapons is a plan for rendezvous with your spouse/family/etc, and an overall defense/survival strategy, barter items/precious metals. We both have CB radios in our vehicles and a very clear plan for action (and/or contingencies) when/if anything dramatic happens..

Finally....ditto this.

FWIW....I remember carrying a prc-77, dramatic weapons, crew served stuff, unit 1's and the beach bag, but never 1K rounds. A casual day hike with a bag of bricks is different from being on point for yourself day and night for extended periods. Effective disciplined fire negates the need for carrying excessive ammo. Survival travel is best achieved through stealth. If you think you need more ammo, pre-position it in secure locations in sealed containers packed in dessicant.

XDm 9mm and AR15-22

the 22 is super light and I can carry a lot of ammo for it without weighing me down.

Same guns I was thinking of. My XDm9 5.25 or XDm45 5.25 is a tuff choice. I have more magazines for the .45 but the 9mm magazines hold more ammo so its a toss up. I would guess that 9mm would be better only because I can carry more ammo.

Smith and Wesson 15/22 with 5 fully loaded magazines and a box of 550 in my back pack.

M&P 40 Pro Series and an AR-15
This is what I own and am comfortable carrying when my life depends on it!
Edited it for a new pistol lol

Last edited:
I would really want to grab my AK74 but would probably go for the Ruger 10/22 w/ 2500+ rds of ammo and my XDm 9mm with 6-19rds mags full of 124gr +p ammo

The Aguila Super Max 30gr HP at 1750 fps is some pretty nasty stuff for a .22lr and pretty accurate out of my 1022 too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom