• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else think Extreme Sports are just stupid?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I'm talking about the kind that really put a person in danger for no other reason than the danger itself. Shouldn't the people that die doing them be getting Darwin Awards?

matters what you consider extreme sports. some are stupid but some there are some real talent too, the downhill mountain bikes are always at the top of my list of crazy **** but i still admire the ability. but people do stupid **** all the time, hell watch an Everest documentary and see what some crazy mofo's go through to stand ontop of a rock

but god do i still love watching these

I like to keep my feet on solid ground, just saying
I've done some risky things, but only when there was a reason to take the risk. Not just for the thrill of it.

Full disclose, I used to ride motorcycles... fast! But I was young and stupid and realized the odds were going to catch up with me pretty quickly and stopped.

matters what you consider extreme sports. some are stupid but some there are some real talent too, the downhill mountain bikes are always at the top of my list of crazy **** but i still admire the ability. but people do stupid **** all the time, hell watch an Everest documentary and see what some crazy mofo's go through to stand ontop of a rock

but god do i still love watching these

I can appreciate the talent and skill it takes. That doesn't mean it's not dumb as hell to do it.

I'm not that into them but love watching the video compilations of them doing crazy stuff with a GoPro strapped on their helmet. The mountain bikers and wing suits being some of my favorite. Some people are just adrenaline junkies, I'm glad we live in a time when they can record everything and take us on the ride with them.

Some people are just adrenaline junkies, I'm glad we live in a time when they can record everything and take us on the ride with them.

It's a common misconception that Roman gladiators were slaves. Certainly many of them were. However many of them were also free men. In many cases they were actually very wealthy free men. They didn't fight because they had to or because they owed money to a wealthy patron. They simply fought for the thrill and the glory

Adrenaline junkies have always been among us and it's just part of human nature. I certainly fall into that category as I enjoy flying stunt planes and doing competition aerobatics. To many people that looks crazy and unnecessarily dangerous but I get a great sense of peace from it. Adrenaline brings focus and concentration that makes the rest of the world melt away. All of the background noise in your head just stops and you are totally living in the moment.

I also love watching the Isle of Man TT where they race motorcycles on public roads and city streets. It's a huge bucket list item of mine to actually go and do that someday.

If you don't think that extreme sports are for you then by all means don't participate in them. But please don't ever try to stop the rest of us from enjoying our passion

I've jumped, too. But there were reasons to do it other than the jump itself and I've never done it once that reason went away.
Exactly. They say that the part of the brain that tells you not to do stupid **** doesn't develop until your mid twenties and I believe it. It's a wonder any of us ever survive until adulthood.
Of course some people never do get over that need for adrenaline.

Back
Top Bottom