• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Convoluted Process: GWCL Address Update

If gov klump was any kind of real gov we wouldn’t have to have a gwcl
Utah got rid of them for residents. Everyone who is eligible can carry without permit. But they still offer them since some states require in or out of state carry license. So until all states agree no carry license is needed, it's good to have one for reciprocity.

Update your DL and wait till GWCL is expiring and update in new county. No law says it has to be updated when you move. No law says it has to have your new address un till renewal.
This.

I don't see a problem.

You get your money's worth from your current GWL

I just went to Probate court with my ID, utility bill, and copy of a mortgage. Got it completed in 45 min. Quicker than the DMV.
I've called the two different counties and they don't allow this when switching addresses in within Georgia. However, I've confirmed numerous times here and with various FFL's in my new area that the address change is not needed and to update it when it expires.

The voting officer will help you clear it up next time you vote. Or at least that's what happened with me in January. But I will at least say that that guy was doing his job.I had previously voted in November, and no one caught the different addresses

Back
Top Bottom