• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you guys think.............NM I got a .44 magnum instead.

I ordered a new set of rubber for my gp 100 and the wood inserts didn't want to go in so I had to force em in they look fine but my ocd is kicking in because they weren't a perfect fit. The rubber feels so much better than the 30 YO rubber that was on the gun previously though. So half win half annoyed.

I ordered a new set of rubber for my gp 100 and the wood inserts didn't want to go in so I had to force em in they look fine but my ocd is kicking in because they weren't a perfect fit. The rubber feels so much better than the 30 YO rubber that was on the gun previously though. So half win half annoyed.
your apposed to have to force them in. Its a tight fit so they wont move around. OCD on something else

They never fit good. Every time I've put them on its been a figjt.

Looks like the date is off D_Max D_Max
22mag.jpg

You can shoot the little one it don't kick much at all ?

I agree 243/6mm is low end of rifle spectrum for deer-for me. And then with 6mm Rem(which can be loaded faster than 243 Win) I am very picky about shots and distance.

Not familiar with 30Garret, but I would argue 41 and 44 mag struggle to produce 1000 ft pounds at the muzzle, much less 100 yards. 800 to 900 muzzle more like it.
So a .243 is low end at 100 yards but you are defending find something with 1/2 to 2/3 that energy at the muzzle? You're kind of proving my point....
And lol, I don't shoot a handgun at 100 yards. 25 would be max for me at deer. I'm a fairly horrible handgun shot.
I'm glad you've had unmitigated success with the .357. Like the saying goes, keep doing what works for you. OP made the right and most logical/versatile choice for a hunting arm.
(Sorry, it's a .30 Herrett. Guess spell check got me.)

Back
Top Bottom