• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gotta love the 5.45x39s! AK or AR you choose!!

I forget where I read it, but one of the magazines did a torture test of that Adams Arms upper. It was ridiculous. Melonite is hard to beat.

To revisit this, I have asked around and it seems as if the 5.45X39 round is good to go in an SBR. It is reported to be effective out of an 8'' barrel all the way out to 300 yards. Which is pretty impressive if the reports from the Russians are true. That would mean a 10'' barrel would be about perfect IMO.

I took 4.5" off a standard buffer spring.

Got a slide fire on it today as well. I can pop as many rounds as I want to, as fast as I can in semi auto. But when I get the rhythm going with the slide fire it stops. The hammer drops, but it's only a light strike on the primer. Yes I swapped it with the adams hammer. Guess I need something even heavier?

I took 4.5" off a standard buffer spring.

Got a slide fire on it today as well. I can pop as many rounds as I want to, as fast as I can in semi auto. But when I get the rhythm going with the slide fire it stops. The hammer drops, but it's only a light strike on the primer. Yes I swapped it with the adams hammer. Guess I need something even heavier?

maybe so. Hmm. Not having much luck are ya there sir? Might need a heavier spring, yes. This may be a dumb question but is the hammer spring installed the right way? Very easy to get it backwards.

maybe so. Hmm. Not having much luck are ya there sir? Might need a heavier spring, yes. This may be a dumb question but is the hammer spring installed the right way? Very easy to get it backwards.

Yup, spring is in right.

I pulled it all down tonight. There was a lot of gunk in the BCG and some aluminum filings from everything seating in that I didn't get last time. The cam had a burr on it as well. I took a rat file and took it off. I'll run it some more tomorrow and see if that improved anything. I've been reading online and found that it seems to be the nature of the beast with these and breaking them in.

Back
Top Bottom