• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gotta love the 5.45x39s! AK or AR you choose!!

Yup, spring is in right.

I pulled it all down tonight. There was a lot of gunk in the BCG and some aluminum filings from everything seating in that I didn't get last time. The cam had a burr on it as well. I took a rat file and took it off. I'll run it some more tomorrow and see if that improved anything. I've been reading online and found that it seems to be the nature of the beast with these and breaking them in.

ahh ok. Keep me updated .

Ugh, back where I started. Bump firing results in the second strike being too light. But I can pull by finger as fast as possible no problem. Is the wolf heavy spring heavier than the spring Adams Arms sent? I'm starting to wonder if it's a timing issue instead. Because using it, as intended, results in good primer strikes. I don't think the spring is too weak. I'm thinking maybe the hammer is swinging while the BCG is still moving. Maybe a heavier hammer or weaker spring might correct it?

Tinkered a little more today. Put a stock spring back in, I was able to burst 3 rounds with the slide fire, but I'm back to the short stroking. I've been thinking about this all wrong. It's all in the buffer. Here's a great video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRn68HwZf34

I'm pulling apart a buffer I have right now and looking for some lead fishing weight to try to add another ounce to it.

Tinkered a little more today. Put a stock spring back in, I was able to burst 3 rounds with the slide fire, but I'm back to the short stroking. I've been thinking about this all wrong. It's all in the buffer. Here's a great video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRn68HwZf34

I'm pulling apart a buffer I have right now and looking for some lead fishing weight to try to add another ounce to it.

I use a heavy buffer which is what I would recommend .

I'm almost at my wits end with this thing. Put a 4.0 ounce buffer in it with a standard spring. Runs fine, feeds great, no short stroking. But I still get fail to fires when trying to bump fire. First few times I popped the chambered round out and continued on. Running it semi-auto it works just fine though. Last two times I popped the upper loose to inspect the hammer, it was straight up like I thought it would be. So I thought maybe it's my finger fudging the trigger. I threw a rubber band around the trigger and looped it around the front of the lower. No dice, hammer is still in the upright position.

Sovietak474u, how much does your buffer weigh? I'm guessing I'm going to pick up a trigger and disconnector spring to see if that fixes it.

I'm almost at my wits end with this thing. Put a 4.0 ounce buffer in it with a standard spring. Runs fine, feeds great, no short stroking. But I still get fail to fires when trying to bump fire. First few times I popped the chambered round out and continued on. Running it semi-auto it works just fine though. Last two times I popped the upper loose to inspect the hammer, it was straight up like I thought it would be. So I thought maybe it's my finger fudging the trigger. I threw a rubber band around the trigger and looped it around the front of the lower. No dice, hammer is still in the upright position.

Sovietak474u, how much does your buffer weigh? I'm guessing I'm going to pick up a trigger and disconnector spring to see if that fixes it.

Im using the spikes tactical St-t2 heavy buffer .

Ok, tore down the lower last night and found the hammer has been slamming back the disconnector and I believe allowing the bolt to jar loose and follow the BCG. So tonight I bobbed the hammer tail. I pulled the trigger back and held it while I pulled the hammer down and let the disconnector catch the hammer. I put a thick rubber band in front of the hammer on the lower then whacked the hammer a several times with a heavy screwdriver. I tried popping it hard and fast to simulate the bolt speed. Can't get it to break loose now at all. I'll try running it tomorrow.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll try an even heavier buffer. If that doesn't work, I'm changing the all of the FCG.

Ok, tore down the lower last night and found the hammer has been slamming back the disconnector and I believe allowing the bolt to jar loose and follow the BCG. So tonight I bobbed the hammer tail. I pulled the trigger back and held it while I pulled the hammer down and let the disconnector catch the hammer. I put a thick rubber band in front of the hammer on the lower then whacked the hammer a several times with a heavy screwdriver. I tried popping it hard and fast to simulate the bolt speed. Can't get it to break loose now at all. I'll try running it tomorrow.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll try an even heavier buffer. If that doesn't work, I'm changing the all of the FCG.

That should fix it. Run it tomorrow and let me know how that goes.

I'm so fed up with this thing. I'm about ready to just sell it. Works perfect with it locked and running semi auto. It will not bump fire at all. The hammer is still following the bolt.

I'm going to shop around for more parts but it's got me to the point where I'm ready to just cash in my chips. If a new FCG, buffer, and spring don't fix it, it and the ammo is leaving my household.

Back
Top Bottom