• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How bout this ghetto fabulous piece?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
I'm currently the high bidder on this crime scene custom Savage/Springfield model 67 in 410. The bid is at $48.00 with about 12 days to go on Gunbroker. Yes I know, I love ugly ghetto guns. The good part is if I don't win the auction my feelings ain't hurt a bit. Plus I'd probably never find another stock for it.

Damn pics didn't post.
Here ya go:

pix444714637.jpg
pix697074726.jpg

I donno. I think that kind of gun has its place.

Other than being a different receiver / frame size and caliber, isn't this basically like all those pistol-grip-only Mossberg 500 "Cruiser" shotguns they've made for 30+ years and sold by the ton?

I'd grind off the rest of that extra bulk at the back of the grip, unless it's necessary to make the OAL meet 26". I'm thinking that the barrel on this one is longer than it needs to be, too. Could it make OAL with an 18.1" barrel and no bulge at the back of the pistol grip?

Such a Pistol-Grip-Only gun has its place as a "truck gun" or something to carry in a scabbard on your ATV or golf cart, as you do chores around the ranch or farm.

Some women and skinny men (especially teenager or super-senior oldsters) can't handle the recoil of a 12 or 20 gauge. Even if it doesn't rock them off-balance or physically bruise them, it can be something that makes them HATE the gun, therefore they never practice with the gun .

A .410 is a lot easier to shoot, and if that's what it takes to make the gun fun to take to the range and plink with and practice with-- great. A person who is an expert with a .410 is a more formidable adversary than a novice holding a 12-gauge that he hasn't fired at all in the last 5 years, and only put 50 rounds through in his entire lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom