• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How bout this ghetto fabulous piece?

Least the barrel looks long enough...hope you get it
Yeah when society completely breaks down I could go ahead and hacksaw that ugly pencil barrel down to the mag tube. Because let's be real. I ain't paying two bills for the privilege of hacking up a $50.00 shotgun. So bring on the Mad Max days!

I donno. I think that kind of gun has its place.

Other than being a different receiver / frame size and caliber, isn't this basically like all those pistol-grip-only Mossberg 500 "Cruiser" shotguns they've made for 30+ years and sold by the ton?

I'd grind off the rest of that extra bulk at the back of the grip, unless it's necessary to make the OAL meet 26". I'm thinking that the barrel on this one is longer than it needs to be, too. Could it make OAL with an 18.1" barrel and no bulge at the back of the pistol grip?

Such a Pistol-Grip-Only gun has its place as a "truck gun" or something to carry in a scabbard on your ATV or golf cart, as you do chores around the ranch or farm.
Interesting observation. Normally I wouldn't give a 410 a second look. But after reading your post I was reminded of the model Mossberg had in the 90s intended for women and home defense. It had all black poly furniture and a vertical fore grip. I seem to recall Cobray having a 410 version of the ridiculous Street Sweeper called the Ladies Home Companion. Of course that was before they were reclassified as NFA guns.
I haven't checked prices on 410 shells in years but I'm hoping that maybe it's come down a little with the popularity of the Judge and other similar revolvers.

That is the perfect frawg gun. We stopped gigging them years ago and started using .22 rifles and .410 shotguns with dove loads. We would bring back 5 gallon buckets of those big rascals.
Seriously? I didn't think it was the perfect gun for anything except maybe an episode of Drugs Inc. But I'll take your word for it.

Yeah when society completely breaks down I could go ahead and hacksaw that ugly pencil barrel down to the mag tube. Because let's be real. I ain't paying two bills for the privilege of hacking up a $50.00 shotgun. So bring on the Mad Max days!
I think everybody needs a short barrel shotgun...i don't have one but I think eerbody needs one...

I'd grind off the rest of that extra bulk at the back of the grip, unless it's necessary to make the OAL meet 26". I'm thinking that the barrel on this one is longer than it needs to be, too. Could it make OAL with an 18.1" barrel and no bulge at the back of the pistol grip?

If it's like my old Savage that I cut down, the issue is the hump is where the stock bolt comes in. After years of looking at that ugly hump, I finally took it down to daddy's, who cut the bolt and welded it back together. It is an incredibly long bolt, 6-8" at least. Needs to be about 4" to sand it down to a proper pistol grip. My OAL is just under 28".

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Back
Top Bottom