• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've got 10 beers in the fridge...

The Black Castle's, Guiness & Newcastle, have always been my go to!
I'm diggin' your tactical beverage entry tool!!
PM me your address and tell me which one you want!

20221101_202640.jpg

Haven't drank any since sometime last week. Had labwork done (I'm diabetic), A1C was high...but my triglycerides were 3257. Supposed to be less than 150.

Never got a taste for beer until my mid 30s, not an alky but sometimes I just want to knock back a few. Just one doesn't cut it. I wish it did. It sucks that my body won't tolerate alcohol anymore when I know several people that drink a 12 pack every night. I was only drinking 12 a week.

Not sure the point of this post...just want to piss and moan I guess. If this helps anyone in anyway, I guess that would be a good thing.

View attachment 4910416View attachment 4910417

I feel your pain. I enjoy a couple drinks especially on the weekend. The last couple of years any alcohol consumption, even 1 glass of wine, will cause the joints in my hands, hips, elbows, and more to hurt like hell for several days. It ain't worth it because my job is very physical, and the pain makes it difficult to do.

I feel your pain. I enjoy a couple drinks especially on the weekend. The last couple of years any alcohol consumption, even 1 glass of wine, will cause the joints in my hands, hips, elbows, and more to hurt like hell for several days. It ain't worth it because my job is very physical, and the pain makes it difficult to do.
So sorry to hear this. Makes me wonder---I've had some weird pain lately where if I hit my knuckles on my thumbs and pointy fingers, it will just about drop me. Doesn't take much at all. Wondering if that's possibly related.

So sorry to hear this. Makes me wonder---I've had some weird pain lately where if I hit my knuckles on my thumbs and pointy fingers, it will just about drop me. Doesn't take much at all. Wondering if that's possibly related.

Have you considered seeing a nutritionist? I did a couple years ago when my cholesterol went from bad to worse. Changed my diet, added supplements, and started exercising 4+ days a week. Cholesterol levels dropped as did my weight, blood pressure and sugar level. I'm 62 and have better numbers than I did in my 40s. Added bonus I feel better unless I have a drink.

Have you considered seeing a nutritionist? I did a couple years ago when my cholesterol went from bad to worse. Changed my diet, added supplements, and started exercising 4+ days a week. Cholesterol levels dropped as did my weight, blood pressure and sugar level. I'm 62 and have better numbers than I did in my 40s. Added bonus I feel better unless I have a drink.
I am keeping this in mind. I'm going to try this on my own at first and if I find myself struggling, I'll seek some outside help. My issue is mostly willpower. Everyday I think to myself I need to go upstairs and throw the weights around and do some exercise, and everyday I wind up doing zero.

So far I have made some changes to my diet and I can tell a difference already. The last time I just cut everything out cold turkey and dropped my A1C down to 6 but I ate salad 2x a day for months. Doc was ecstatic but my diet was not sustainable. So I'm trying a different approach this time.

Back
Top Bottom