• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEO deadly force

I have known several people that should not be wearing the badge, and several that should, and there are those that are in between.

I am probably in that category of those who should, but I have a few issues. You don't get paid enough, I hate to shave more than every 3rd day and I only get a hair cut every 2-3 years. Then I usually donate my hair.

I am PROUD to wear my badge and hate the scum that put tarnish on it. If I see an officer doing something illegal, I report it. Does that make me a snitch? SURE, I'll be glad to be one. I went though hell when I reported an co-worker for using force after an individual was subdued at my last department. I was, in chucklenuts words, "untrustworthy" amongst most of my peers. If I get pulled over for speeding, I expect a ticket. I DO NOT show my badge nor do I carry it off duty. I know the law and know better than to break them. As far as your question goes sir, I DO NOT KNOW. I do my part, then it is out of my hands. I have known several people that should not be wearing the badge, and several that should, and there are those that are in between.

No, i was referring specifically to people filling false reports. I understand why people do it, though I can't imagine why people would stoop to that level. Anyway, you mention how the average citizen in your area is just let off when they do it, but if one of y'all do it, they fire you. My question is, why don't both sides get prosecuted. Allegations, true or made up, can have lasted effects. No one should ever have their lives screwed up because of a lie, and when it happens, those responsible should be prosecuted.

I am probably in that category of those who should, but I have a few issues. You don't get paid enough, I hate to shave more than every 3rd day and I only get a hair cut every 2-3 years. Then I usually donate my hair.

When I got out of the Air Force, I was certain I was never going to shave or cut my hair again. Got a job working at Jefferson Southern making Honda part and did not need to. About a month into this dedication, I HAD TO! It drove me insane! Now, I am back to working in the LEO and have to, but glad to do it. The pay is hard, my wife does not work and we have had two children since being married AND she had two prior to us meeting. It gets tight, but we make due. I love my family, both work and home, and will work three jobs to support them if I had to.

No, i was referring specifically to people filling false reports. I understand why people do it, though I can't imagine why people would stoop to that level. Anyway, you mention how the average citizen in your area is just let off when they do it, but if one of y'all do it, they fire you. My question is, why don't both sides get prosecuted. Allegations, true or made up, can have lasted effects. No one should ever have their lives screwed up because of a lie, and when it happens, those responsible should be prosecuted.

I see what you are saying. You are right, allegations can have lasting effects. The number of cops I have seen fired for lying is just astronomical. The way I see it, if my supervisors are asking me about it, they know. So I tell the truth. To be honest, I tell on myself all the time.

But back to your question, that is above my pay grade. I wish I knew, but just the way it is. I honestly wish there weren't any numb skull cops in this vast world, it makes my job more difficult.

because of a lie, and when it happens, those responsible should be prosecuted.

Good luck with that! We have young ladies who are filming their abortion and the declaring how successful and safe it was. People are lauding her for it. MY OPINION is that if you do things like that, then keep it to yourself. It seems that if there is a controversial issue that was not socially accepted in the past, then the libs think they need to push that issue down everyone else's throat until it quits making you puke. What happened to shame and embarrassment? I heard my 16 year old neice telling about her sexual deviance to my brother. He just squirmed and let her tell the story. I got up and left.

Yes it is. This was many many years ago. I have not had a ticket in years. I appreciate what law enforcement does for our society and i would comply with their request with reason and my rights, BUT i would never trust an officer completely. The charges that this local yocal leveled at me would have practically destroyed my career and security clearance. It is better to just not say anything and deal with it in a courtroom if you feel wronged. It is sad that the good officers are lumped into the same group as all of them, but standing on the side of the road is not the place to have that discussion. If the officer supervisor would have suspended or at the very least appoligized for the behaviour, it may have completely changed my entire outlook for the rest of my life.

I have only had one encounter with a local deputy recently. I flew one of my helicopters over to a local resturant to grab breakfast. I did not even get the engine shut down till here he come around the corner like his hair was on fire. He was smart enough to stay in his car until the blades stopped turning. As i got out, he wanted to know what i was doing, who i was, etc. etc. i never even stopped walking as i passed him and said " stopped to get breakfast". I got my biscuit and came back out to the helicopter and his tone had completely changed. He was more interested in the helo, cost, where i learned to fly type of stuff. He turnd out to be a great guy and secured the area as i fired up and took off towards home. If he would have asked in a respectful and civil manner to begin with, i would have given him any info he wanted. I guess he realizd while i was inside getting breakfast that it was not a traffic stop and he had no juristiction on private property while no crime was being commited and that i really was not interested in getting the third degree. I invitied him out to my house anytime to check them out when he had time.

Show a little respect and you will receive respect. Act like an asshole and you will be met with contempt or in my case, just ignored.

QUOTE=Tony2X;3439248]Obey the traffic laws and you would not have had any of those problems....too easy huh?[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom